Light-O-Rama Forums

Help- sequence doesn't quot;stopquot; at end (resolved)

Guest guest

So I have a .mp3 file that I am sequencing and if you play the whole song it doesn't come back to the edit mode. It sits there waiting for the user to press the red stop button. it's like it's paused.

I've opened the .mp3 file in audacity and cropped a tad off the end and resaved it but the problem still exists.

I've started a brand new sequence with the cropped file and pasted in the tracks, but the "new" sequence still hangs at the end.

I have 2 other songs I've sequenced so far and they stop properly at the end.

I'm thinking I have to rerip the source file, but except for that I'm stumped and thought I'd seen this topic before but cant find it.

Any help appreciated.

-Doug

That did the trick for sure. I'm not sure how the total time length could have changed for the first song as it sets it on import but... *shrug*

Thanks for stearing me the right direction!

-D

webslinger wrote:

That did the trick for sure. I'm not sure how the total time length could have changed for the first song as it sets it on import but... *shrug*

Thanks for stearing me the right direction!

-D

Not sure if I put this tidbit in the Wiki ... Dan has mentioned before that LOR uses the Windows Media Player code to import the audio. Sometimes it's off my fractions of a second. So, when it misjudges the length of the song the sequence editor gets confused there at the end.

It makes sense that it could get confused.

If it converts to WMA, I wonder why it would still need the .wav or .mp3 file ? It cries if you try and play the sequence and it can't find the audio file.

*shrug*

-D