Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 1.6 release date?

Guest guest

RichardH wrote:

I hope it comes out soon. My display starts tonight and there are a few fade issues that I hoped are resolved with the update.

We will do our best to have it out this weekend... 1.5.0 is very stable so the last thing we want to do is put out some software now that will cause more problems than it corrects. We are testing the heck out of it before we release.

Whats gong on with LOR II? I'm guessing there must be some difficult problem that is causing difficulty in getting this released. You guys ever think about releasing a version that has everything but the things you're having problems with??? I would love to have the soud visualization above the programming.

LightORama wrote:

RichardH wrote:
I hope it comes out soon. My display starts tonight and there are a few fade issues that I hoped are resolved with the update.

We will do our best to have it out this weekend... 1.5.0 is very stable so the last thing we want to do is put out some software now that will cause more problems than it corrects. We are testing the heck out of it before we release.

kb9nvh wrote:

Whats gong on with LOR II? I'm guessing there must be some difficult problem that is causing difficulty in getting this released. You guys ever think about releasing a version that has everything but the things you're having problems with??? I would love to have the soud visualization above the programming.

LOR II is full of features. The delays in the release are caused by a number of issues from staff turnover, addition of new features, benchmark / performance changes, code stability, ...... any number of things. It will be released in the first half of next year. I understand your request but have no plans to put out an "Almost LOR II".

The release of LOR 1.6 will have be mostly bug fixes but it will have a couple of new features which will be described when it is released.