Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights

Arnoldc

ok, so my change of display has caused a shortage of one color. I am short 12 strands of green (if my math is right). So, here is my question. I am running 98% LED display, there are a few spots that I am running incans (clear) that but the rest is all LED... Should I go ahead and buy the lights that I need in LED or go the cheaper route and get incan and wait for the sale next year? BTW its green..
My thinking is I want everything to match, so Im leaning to buy the LED's this week. But, with a budget that is beyond broken, I just don't know. Next year I plan on buying a case of red, and a case of green (or 2 cases if I dont get the leds this year), and that should bring everything to where I need for next years display.
Lesson learned dont change your display!

Guest Don Gillespie

Arnoldc wrote:

ok, so my change of display has caused a shortage of one color. I am short 12 strands of green (if my math is right). So, here is my question. I am running 98% LED display, there are a few spots that I am running incans (clear) that but the rest is all LED... Should I go ahead and buy the lights that I need in LED or go the cheaper route and get incan and wait for the sale next year? BTW its green..
My thinking is I want everything to match, so Im leaning to buy the LED's this week. But, with a budget that is beyond broken, I just don't know. Next year I plan on buying a case of red, and a case of green (or 2 cases if I dont get the leds this year), and that should bring everything to where I need for next years display.
Lesson learned dont change your display!

Buy what you can afford this year and wait for the sales in Jan. then load up on LEDS if you are using very little incans this year big deal no one will notice.

I would buy the green LEDs form the same vendor as your others, or the color may be different. (Dark green / Light Green / Lime Green, etc)

(Something I learned my first year using LEDs. Paul at CDI is my LED supplier, and all the colors year after year are the same)

Arnoldc wrote:

I am short 12 strands of green (if my math is right).

What are you looking for Minis? C9's?

In the past I have mixed LED with incandescent of the same color. They stood out and faded differently. I would stay with green LED. You have the time to get them online, because I have only seen multi-color and white LED lights in the store.

Arnoldc wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Arnoldc wrote:
All minis

forgot to ask how many count...50, 70 or 100ct?

100 count

I can loan you 24 sets of 50 count if you want to pay shipping both ways...probably fit them in a Medium Flat Rate Priority box..I think it's only $10.95...

EDIT:

I can't be held responsible for any portion of your display that falls down though....

:P

JBullard wrote:

I would buy the green LEDs form the same vendor as your others, or the color may be different. (Dark green / Light Green / Lime Green, etc)

(Something I learned my first year using LEDs. Paul at CDI is my LED supplier, and all the colors year after year are the same)
I plan on buying all my lights from CDI, I have been impressed with them to date. I'm looking forward to the sale!

jimswinder wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
Arnoldc wrote:
All minis

forgot to ask how many count...50, 70 or 100ct?

100 count

I can loan you 24 sets of 50 count if you want to pay shipping both ways...probably fit them in a Medium Flat Rate Priority box..I think it's only $10.95...

EDIT:

I can't be held responsible for any portion of your display that falls down though....

:P

Oh no!! And I plan on putting them on my two "mega" trees! hmmmmm

And the minis get broken, fade and burn out. Add time spent trouble shooting minis.....

The main reason I went with LEDs. Pull them out of the tub, put them up and they work year in and year out.

I agree, buy the LEDs from Paul. I put an order in on Sunday night and got an email before I even got up on Monday that they had shipped. Had a tracking number to follow, and they were here by Thursday. Great service, great product.

I just bought two cases (24) of 100ct green minis at Lowes (2.98), but they price-matched WalMarts light (2.68).. I got them in addition to 2 cases of whites and a case of red and blue to build my second MegaTree and add 8 more RGBW mintrees. Lowes so far is the only store (locally) that had green anything!!! I looked under the shalf and saw two more cases of green.. I will prob go back for another case..