Light-O-Rama Forums

show starts but problems

Guest guest

When I told the computer to start the show, at first it didn't' start, and then all of a sudden it kicked in, which is fine with me, but there is a problem which is definately NOT fine. that being that as the songs play, the lights are not correct. What I mean by this is that sometimes the lights don't fire at all, and other times they are behind. So basically what I get is that it looks really bad. I'd say at tops about 1/4 of the lights fire at the correct time and other then that, they just don't do much at all. Spiradic fireing, or at least seems like it because it's behind, or the lights that are doing the "bass drum" just stay on, might go to about 50% for a long time and then go up to 100 for a bit then back down to 50% etc.

Just a note, when I run the songs in the sequence editor, everything runs fine, the time when it's behind is when I have it start a show.

Thanks for any help on how to get things to go at the correct speed and to keep going. Using windows 98 and the computer has 512 meg of memor, so pleny of power. I'm sure it's probably an easy fix and I'll feel dumb after getting it done.

Rob

Yes I am. I have the control panel on, so that it would start the show automatically. I shut down the show and tried it with just the sequence editor open and it worked.

Just an FYI, I hooked my laptop up to the LOR box and started the show and it worked just fine, so it must be something with that computer, but I really don't know what it would be.

I wouldn't think that it would cause a problem, but I know it is only USB 1.1, not 2.0, is this a problem? I wouldn't think so since it runs fine in the sequence editor.

Thanks again

Rob

All wav files. I changed it over when I stared editing because sometimes I put the speed down to 1/2 and it was wrong with MP3 and I noticed on the board that if you put it to wav it will work and it did.

It's odd that it works fine on my laptop with xp and usb 2, but on a windows 98 computer, with the same amount of memory, and usb 1, it doesn't. LIke I said, the sequencer runs fine with the lights,it's just the show that runs behind.

very..... odd

thanks for any ideas though, I want to get this running as soon as possible.

Rob

Ok, I am now VERY CONFUSED! I went outside today with a set of computer speakers and hooked it up to the computer. The show ran PERFECTLY when I ran the show from the show editor today. I then put the FM transmitter on it and it still ran fine. Today, everything is working great, yesterday it didn't work well at all. I don't understand. Anyone ever get something like this?

musicman wrote:

Ok, I am now VERY CONFUSED! I went outside today with a set of computer speakers and hooked it up to the computer. The show ran PERFECTLY when I ran the show from the show editor today. I then put the FM transmitter on it and it still ran fine. Today, everything is working great, yesterday it didn't work well at all. I don't understand. Anyone ever get something like this?

Don't know if this will apply to you at all. However, the other day I was another another persons show, when their screen saver kicked in. Hosed the show up pretty good for a little bit. I'd check the background processes and see what's running. LOR doesn't require much CPU time, however, if there is none available, it obviously can't do what it's supposed to.