Light-O-Rama Forums

Ran a test show tonight at dusk: Two issues

Guest guest

I got everything running today, and ran a test show of all sequences (actual show schedule starts Saturday).

1. I have 3 CTB16D's and a CTB08. One of the channels on the CTB08 seems to follow one or more channels on another CTB16D box (with a different ID). This channel still plays its own parts correctly, but also mimics the other (yet to be identified) channel on a 16Channel box.

2. I have a 'noshow' show that is 1 minute long, simply to keep certain channels on between shows. At the end of each minute, all the channels blink. Any way to keep them on steady?

Other than these issues, all sequences look good. Thanks to all for your help. I welcome any suggestions on the two problems listed above.

Dave

Thanks Don.

Bummer on #2. I guess I can make my 'noshow' sequence longer so the blinks are less often.

On #1, I changed the unit ID on the CTB08 from 04 to 07. I need to do another test to see if it makes a difference. Last resort, I can use my spare channel to cover for this.

DavBro wrote:

I got everything running today, and ran a test show of all sequences (actual show schedule starts Saturday).

1. I have 3 CTB16D's and a CTB08. One of the channels on the CTB08 seems to follow one or more channels on another CTB16D box (with a different ID). This channel still plays its own parts correctly, but also mimics the other (yet to be identified) channel on a 16Channel box.

2. I have a 'noshow' show that is 1 minute long, simply to keep certain channels on between shows. At the end of each minute, all the channels blink. Any way to keep them on steady?

Other than these issues, all sequences look good. Thanks to all for your help. I welcome any suggestions on the two problems listed above.

Dave

Double check that you do not accidental have the channel defined twice in the sequence.

Is the "noshow" a show with a single animation sequence in it OR is it just a sequence that you added to your single show to keep it going. Just want to keep track of the terminology SHOW vs SEQUENCE...

Thank Dan. Noshow is a both an LSS and an LAS file. Noshow.las is a one minute long sequence that has two 30-second events. Noshow.lss is the show that contains this sequence, and nothing else.

The first hour of my schedule looks like this:

6PM - 2006Show.lss
6:20 - Noshow.lss
6:30 - 2006Show.lss
6:50 - Noshow.lss

At the end of each minute of the noshow show, all channels seem to blink.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving response!

DavBro wrote:

Thank Dan. Noshow is a both an LSS and an LAS file. Noshow.las is a one minute long sequence that has two 30-second events. Noshow.lss is the show that contains this sequence, and nothing else.

The first hour of my schedule looks like this:

6PM - 2006Show.lss
6:20 - Noshow.lss
6:30 - 2006Show.lss
6:50 - Noshow.lss

At the end of each minute of the noshow show, all channels seem to blink.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving response!

In your "noshow" put the "LightsOn" sequence in the background section AND to get a show to run correctly, you need to have a sequence in the main section(Animation/Musical) as well. To satisify this restriction, screate a "dummy" sequence that is just like your "LightOn" sequence and put it in the Animation Section BUT with the dummy sequence do not assign the channels to any LOR devices so the dummy sequence does not affect anything.

LightORama wrote:

In your "noshow" put the "LightsOn" sequence in the background section AND to get a show to run correctly, you need to have a sequence in the main section(Animation/Musical) as well. To satisify this restriction, screate a "dummy" sequence that is just like your "LightOn" sequence and put it in the Animation Section BUT with the dummy sequence do not assign the channels to any LOR devices so the dummy sequence does not affect anything.

Dan, Thanks for the advice. This works in that there are no blinks, but the catch is that the background sequence has some slight animation in it. It is a 1-minute sequence that alternately fades icicle colors over the minute timeframe. From what I can tell, the background sequence does not do any animation. It just turns things on. Is this correct?

thnx,

Dave