Light-O-Rama Forums

Way to test view a segment without a full schedule?

Guest guest

Hi all,

I am in the process of getting my 32 channels working (I know, late as usual) for the first time. I want to be able to create segments and have the lights connected and see the lights doing their thing. So I create a sequence and I know that you can "see" what the lights are doing in the sequence editor, but I want to actually see the lights doing what they're going to do.

Do I actually have to create a show, then schedule it just to do this test? When I click play in the sequence editor it isn't doing anything to the lights, only the built in animation.

Any help? Didn't seem to find this listed in the WIKI..... maybe it is that stupid of a question :P

Thanks!

-Louie in Melbourne FL

nutz4lights wrote:

Hi all,

I am in the process of getting my 32 channels working (I know, late as usual) for the first time. I want to be able to create segments and have the lights connected and see the lights doing their thing. So I create a sequence and I know that you can "see" what the lights are doing in the sequence editor, but I want to actually see the lights doing what they're going to do.

Do I actually have to create a show, then schedule it just to do this test? When I click play in the sequence editor it isn't doing anything to the lights, only the built in animation.

Any help? Didn't seem to find this listed in the WIKI..... maybe it is that stupid of a question :P

Thanks!

-Louie in Melbourne FL

In the Sequence Editor look for "Play -> Control Lights" and make sure that it is checked. If you have the LOR controllers connected to your computer they will light up when you hit play.

Thanks for the reply, Don! I see I'm not the only one that is not in a turkey coma right now!

I will look for that, I figured there must be some way to do it, but didn't see that check box.

Thanks again,

-Louie in Melbourne FL

I just found out that I have 36 boxes of "extra" GE ConstantOns that I need to find a home for. My mega tree that I have to build this weekend is going to use 7200 lights, the mini trees are at 4200 lights (300 x 14 trees) and those are all I can fit on the one 16 channel controller in the front yard (14 trees sharing 7 channels and 7200 lights sharing 9 channels).....

The other controller is for the roof and it should be pretty much taken up.... maybe I will make some more mini trees that don't do anything fancy...

-Louie in Melbourne FL

hey don'

i have 11 controllers each hooked up with ELL's. when i play a sequence in teh sequence editor, my ligths dont come on. I did look under play to make sure the control lights is checked. but no lights come on.

HELP and frustrated i can;t seem to get anything accomplished today.

Make sure you can see the controllers in the Hardware Utility.

Verify that you have the sequence configured correctly. (Are all the channels assigned correctly?)

Remember: The Hardware Utility and Sequence Editor can not be open at the same time.

I ran into a similar problem when I setup a dedicated computer to do the show. I guess I forgot all the steps I needed to do to get the computer to communicate with the controllers.

First make sure you have the correct comm port communicating. The hardware software should be able to find the correct comm port IF the computer is connected to a controller (and the controller is on). Otherwise if you know the comm port you can select it manually.

Check the first controller to see if the led is lit steady. If it's not (and the hardware utility is open) then check cables to be sure there are plugged in all the way...

Once you have tested the light channels with the hardware utility I would try the sequence software. Check the channels in the sequence to be sure that they are set correctly. Click on a channel and click "change channel settings" to confirm that they are set for the proper LOR device.

MANY THANKS DON.

the talk you had with me really helped. Saturday and sunday teh shows ran very well. have about 10 minutes compiled so far.

more to come.

Thanks again. I certainly asppreciate your time.

Now if you can just teach me how to keep a beat with the music it would be so much more easier to program.

:laughing: