Light-O-Rama Forums

Help me figure out if I can use S2

snyder.cms

I am new to the sequencing game here. A couple of years ago I purchased one of the Lights and Sounds 4 channel holiday light kids and, while it was fun, the lack of flexibility in music choice or adding channels got me searching for other options.

I have now jumped in. My first choice was to go with a LOR controller, but they are backordered with no end in sight. So, I have purchased a D-light controller. I also purchased a D-light Firefli (2 strings) and an LOR CCR from a friend. My plan is to go practice soldering and if I feel comfortable, I am going to purchase 2 LOR kits to add in.

OK, my question...I have tinkered with both the LSP and S2 demos and prefer the UI of S2 (and the tap wizard)...However, I have heard that there are some functions that S2 will not do with a D-light controller...I believe it was ramped shimmer and something else. My show this year will include shimmering....but not ramped (is that ramped intensity? or ramped speed?)...I also have been playing with the shimmer to try and replicate a candle flicker effect. I have also heard that S2 cannot control RGB, and as such cannot control my firefli strings.

First, can anyone explain to me what I lose if I go with S2 running a D-light controller? Can I control the Firefli RGB? How hard is it to program Firefli strings with S2 (LSP has controller pre-sets for Firefli).

I am ready to pop out the wallet on one software option or the other, just need some help deciding before I do.

Thanks!

Yes, S2 can run D-lights firefli. I have been running 4 of them for a few years now.

In S2, you can right click on a channel name then selecet 'insert device">above or below. Change the device to "RGB Divice (non-CCD)". Set your base unit ID, and other parameters. Then click OK.

Attached files 268208=14863-RGB non ccd.jpg