Light-O-Rama Forums

video question

rugerx

Hi all, I am planning on running a pumpkin choir and some hallowindow scenes this year on a projector.

My question is can I do both and switch back and forth?

I will be using a laptop to run my show.

I think I can run a show consisting of both, just save the video as a musical sequence and run full screen, but what will the projector do when a video is not running? Will it go dark or just show the desk top when it goes to the next sequence which is the pumpkin choir?

I would like to play a pumpkin choir sequence then switch to projection and do this back and forth 12 times per show, ideally I would like the projector to go dark while the pumkin choir is singing.

Hope this makes sense.

Any tips? Thanks much.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there. This is off topic of your question, but a thought that comes to mind. I wonder if you have used a laptop before to run a show. If not, look out for other issues. Don't let it go to sleep mode. Turn off that mode. Lots of problems will occur as a result.

Donald McBride wrote:

Just Load a Blank Black Screen as your desktop and that will show between videos

Yeah, this. Plus auto hide task bar, and uncheck 'show desktop icons' and 'show desktop gadgets' if applicable.

The transition from video to 'black desktop' is usually made smoother if the video fades to black at the end, and fades in from black at the beginning.

Like has also been mentioned disable sleep mode, make sure monitor is always on, and disable any screen saver.