Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help from you electronic guys.

Guest guest

I just built a new 16 channel deluxe board(blue board) and was wanting to knowif I can run this board with only 1 1000uF capacitor(board location is C3). I am missing one but while I wait on a replacement I am curious.

Reason I ask is because my older Green board has only one of these. So in my mind it should work with one but then again using my mind would probably blow up this board. If anyone knows this, please let me know and if it blows up I can blame someone else. Just Kidding

P.S. Lesson - Don't wait until the night before the show to build your LOR boards :shock:

Dan can answer this better than I :D

However...a 1000mf capacitor is doing some serious filtering, even though I don't have a schematic in front of me I think it is safe to bet that you Do Not want to power up without it!

Terry

I shot an email off to Dan but not sure if he will be around due to the holiday tomorrow. I was hoping someone would know for sure in here.

All I can say is I hope it will work on 1 cap then I can get this show started tomorrow as planned.

terrypowerz wrote:

Dan can answer this better than I :D

However...a 1000mf capacitor is doing some serious filtering, even though I don't have a schematic in front of me I think it is safe to bet that you Do Not want to power up without it!

Terry

Terry you are correct about the filtering. The reason that in this case we can run with just one of the 1000uf caps is that the controller will only be using 1/3 the available power.... The other 2/3s is used for powering other things like the MP3 director card and the ELL wireless controller.