Light-O-Rama Forums

Wish me luck

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

It was about this time last year that I was introduced to the miracle of syncronized christmas lights with LOR. The bug bit me instantly and over the past year I have been learning, collecting ideas and slowly putting my show together. Well it's done! I just got inside after putting the last strand of lights up and I'm going to fire it up tonight for 1 run of the show to test everything out. I'm nervous and very excited. I plan to record this special occasion and will most likely have something on youtube soon!

Andy Weedman

Nicely done.

I keep looking at all of these wonderful displays and think that my farm of 14 trees this year might not be up to the show standards. But Hey, you know what, it's my first season of playing around so here's hoping it comes off looking good.

-Evan

NWSanta wrote:

[snip] might not be up to the show standards. [snip]

This isn't directed at NWSanta ... but to all.

Please, PLEASE keep in mind that some of the displays that you see are a result of many years of work. Large, elaborate displays don't (for the most part) start in year one. For many of us it takes time to build up to what you see.

Don't get discouraged in your first year because your display doesn't look like the Joneses.... just keep at it.

Don wrote:

NWSanta wrote:
[snip] might not be up to the show standards. [snip]

This isn't directed at NWSanta ... but to all.

Please, PLEASE keep in mind that some of the displays that you see are a result of many years of work. Large, elaborate displays don't (for the most part) start in year one. For many of us it takes time to build up to what you see.

Don't get discouraged in your first year because your display doesn't look like the Joneses.... just keep at it.

I'm not discouraged at all. I'm very proud of what I've accomplished with an after christmas shopping spree to wal-mart and 1 lor controller. I already have plans for what I need to buy for next year.

Andy, I Drove by at about 8:15 tonight. Awesome show. My family really loved it. The songs were good, the sequences matched really well. The yard was nicely balanced. I say again an overall AWESOME SHOW.:waycool:

Mike

mike wrote:

Andy, I Drove by at about 8:15 tonight. Awesome show. My family really loved it. The songs were good, the sequences matched really well. The yard was nicely balanced. I say again an overall AWESOME SHOW.:waycool:

Mike

Thank you so much. You'll have to message me where you are so I can come see yours if you are doing one this year. My inlaws live down in E-Town and I'm sure we'll drive down there sometime soon.

mike wrote:

I am doing a display. Static though. I just couldn't get the extra money for LOR this year. Hopefully next year. It's not all the way up yet, but I will pm you my address later.

Mike

So when did the "bug" bite you? Sounds like you are like me. Last year I really really wanted to do it but didn't have the time or money. However, now that I think about my situation again it's probably good that I as a newbie had a year to get my first show together. It takes a really long time to come up with ideas and figure out what elements you want to add to your show.

I got the bug a couple of years ago. I saw Darryl Browns' show in Louisville about 3 years ago. Long before Carson. Sorry Carson nothing personal. Darryl had a 45 min show. It was incredible! I've been dreaming ever since. I started lurking on PC about a year ago. I have learned so much from these people. The knowledge here is unreal. I've been putting up a static display for probably 10 years. Slowing adding more each year. LOR 2007 hopefully

Mike

mike wrote:

I got the bug a couple of years ago. I saw Darryl Browns' show in Louisville about 3 years ago. Long before Carson. Sorry Carson nothing personal. Darryl had a 45 min show. It was incredible! I've been dreaming ever since. I started lurking on PC about a year ago. I have learned so much from these people. The knowledge here is unreal. I've been putting up a static display for probably 10 years. Slowing adding more each year. LOR 2007 hopefully

Mike

Darryl Brown has been an incredible inspiration for me too. His sequences are amazing. Did you know he is doing a computerized christmas light show for the city of louisville? I think on the big 60 foot tall tree they have downtown.

neo8820 wrote:

Darryl Brown has been an incredible inspiration for me too. His sequences are amazing. Did you know he is doing a computerized christmas light show for the city of louisville? I think on the big 60 foot tall tree they have downtown.

I havn't talked to Darryl in awhile. I knew he was trying to get something going downtown, but I didn't know what it was. Guess I'll have to find out. By the way do you know of anybody else in Ky doing a show?

Mike

mike wrote:

neo8820 wrote:

I havn't talked to Darryl in awhile. I knew he was trying to get something going downtown, but I didn't know what it was. Guess I'll have to find out. By the way do you know of anybody else in Ky doing a show?

Mike

I'm not sure but maybe Aaron Bott is doing one this year...