Light-O-Rama Forums

new to LOR

alzittrer

Welcome to the madness, best way to start is here

http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/WhatDoINeed.pdf

that will give the basics, there are websites listed here that have free sequences available, see Carolina Christmas, and others for beginner sequences. Most are at least 16 channel, which can be modified to fit your display,

Oh yeah, did I mention, welcome to the madness.

Welcome alzittrer!
First fill in your city and state in your profile so you can connect with others around you and it will help us to help you.
I see others have pointed you to where you can download some sequences.

Do you have any hardware / software yet?
Are you planning Christmas, Halloween, or both?
What are you planning to do?

Just purchased 8 channel lor800w with software. Seems all larger were sold out or on back order, so I ordered what they had! Looks like from the posts, I should order another 8 channel. I am really a Halloween freak. I am that crazy house in the neighborhood. Even have a few real coffins in my display! I am Austin tx, will have to update profile when I find it!

being the crazy house on your street makes you just like the rest of us welcome yup i think you ll find 8 just will not do for long no matter what have fun

alzittrer wrote:

Just purchased 8 channel lor800w with software. Seems all larger were sold out or on back order, so I ordered what they had! Looks like from the posts, I should order another 8 channel. I am really a Halloween freak. I am that crazy house in the neighborhood. Even have a few real coffins in my display! I am Austin tx, will have to update profile when I find it!
Welcome to the madness alzittrer. I am from Round Rock Tx. I would be glad to help you any way that i can. I am a newbie also But been sequencing since January. So I have some experience. If you don't get another controller on time for Halloween you are more than welcome to borrow mine. I have a 16 channel. Welcome to the madness :]

Spindler88, Awesome! I look forward to the madness. Hoping to have unit delivered tomorrow, and then I can start playing. Sounds like I will get bored with the 8 channels quickly from the posts...

Not that youll get bored, just that youll start, and all of a sudden the flood of ideas will come rushing in and you wont have the channels to support it. I had a thought for a megatree and it turned into 21 channels in less than a minute :dude:
Have a blast!