Light-O-Rama Forums

United Kingdom - Lighting Ceremony

paultoole

Hey Happy Weekend Everyone!

Just a heads up for those that might be able to join us in the UK for our Light Up Ceremony.

We have Judy Pancoast joining us again for a Live Concert
Father Christmas
FREE Mince Pies & Mulled Wine
Plus
FREE Starbucks Coffee - They'll be here on the night to hand out hundreds of FREE cups of coffee.

paultoole wrote:

ItsMeBobO wrote:
You are doing it big!
Had to look up Mince pie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mince_pie

Its a very British tradition - You either love them or hate them. Personally I love them!

it's funny...my parents moved to Seattle from England after the war in 1948...

my brother LOVES mince pies....

I hate em!!! lol

jimswinder wrote:

paultoole wrote:
ItsMeBobO wrote:
You are doing it big!
Had to look up Mince pie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mince_pie

Its a very British tradition - You either love them or hate them. Personally I love them!

it's funny...my parents moved to Seattle from England after the war in 1948...

my brother LOVES mince pies....

I hate em!!! lol

My wife loves them, and I think they're the most terrible part of Thanksgiving and/or Christmas!

Won't miss it on youtube Paul ; and it makes me think that I will soon set up my display again and I've got a few songs to sequence...

Won't miss it on youtube Paul ; and it makes me think that I will soon set up my display again and I've got a few songs to sequence...

miaskiewicz christian wrote:

I know Christian. Its getting near now, Exciting eh?!

What date is your switch on this year? When do you think you will start your set up?

I can't wait to get outside & start. Although the weather here at the moment is very un-seasonable! Temps today of 29c.
Are you currently having this hot weather? Its been the hottest start to October on record, But i think it will only last another few days and then it's set to drop quite quickly.

I always start on December 1st and this year I will start to set up the display on October 22th (I have a 2 week holiday till november 2nd) in 3 weeks ! ;):)

• The topic was locked