Light-O-Rama Forums

What do you use to cut rope light??

huskernut

Going to make my pumpkin face this weekend using LED rope light, not even sure what size it is but it is Paul's from his sale.

Whats the best way to make the cuts?

Thanks

Rick

huskernut wrote:

Going to make my pumpkin face this weekend using LED rope light, not even sure what size it is but it is Paul's from his sale.

Whats the best way to make the cuts?

Thanks

Rick

I use wire cutters.

Make sure you have enough LED rope light power cords. Do not use regular power cords for LED rope light.

I use the Craftsman Accucut http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00937310000P?sid=IDx20070921x00003a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=00937310000P

I got it for a present several years ago, and it is one of the most useful cutting tools I have. It slices through the CDI ropelight like butter and perfect every time.

I've used wire cutters, aircraft snips, heavy scissors, utility knife. None of them really was enough better to be worth hunting down if one of the others was at hand.

I like my pumpkin pliers that also have the stak-on crimper built in. Reason we call it the pumpkin pliers is that the handles are black and orange each. Anyway it has a wire cutter on the tip that makes it handy to use to cut the rope lights.

khawes wrote:

I used my loppers. I figured if they can cut a 2" branch they can handle a rope light :P

That is what I used ... garden cutters !

Dave

RaceMedic wrote:

khawes wrote:
I used my loppers. I figured if they can cut a 2" branch they can handle a rope light :P

That is what I used ... garden cutters !

Dave

I too use garden trimmer.