Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble Shooting

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

I posted this on a user group page on Facebook.

Something to bring up. 99.99% of all problems with LOR products are user inflicted. The other .01 is bad hardware itself. Remember, start from scratch (beginning) to troubleshoot your problems and 9 times out of 10, you'll find it within the first two steps.

Trace your cables, check your channel config multiple times, check your cord labels, check your data cables, etc.

wbottomley wrote:

I posted this on a user group page on Facebook.

Something to bring up. 99.99% of all problems with LOR products are user inflicted. The other .01 is bad hardware itself. Remember, start from scratch (beginning) to troubleshoot your problems and 9 times out of 10, you'll find it within the first two steps.

Trace your cables, check your channel config multiple times, check your cord labels, check your data cables, etc.
Thanks Will,

No truer words spoken. I rather take a day or two to try to clear up my problems before bringing a simple problem to the group, to just show how lazy I am to not try to trouble shoot the problem myself. I am going to beat my head and as Will stated double check all of my cables. I have trouble trying to help someone when they cant even keep their facts straight.

To anyone asking for help. You need to take notes on paper and then double check them. Telling me and others that it works fine in one configuration but then fouls up in another.Just shows us that you are not paying attention and keeping your facts straight. Remember you have people here on this forum with many years of experience trouble shooting. There is going to be point in time that we will know if you can or cant keep your facts straight. Please help us to help you with answering our questions. Do not go off on a tangent when you should be answering one of our questions.

Thanks
P.S. I am talking to everyone not just the most recent case.

In a nutshell, "Help us to help you."

Also, while not directly Hardware trouble shooting related, remember the LOR Verifier Utility will find potential problems in your sequences that may appear to be hardware related when its really not.