• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Larry Leonhardt

• xmasboy

• Denny

• CKSedg

I believe those are the same price as last year, which I guess is a good sign considering how things are going with everything else.

Wait...I just looked again. The LEDs are 50ct, whereas last year they were 60ct. :X

Incandescants appear to be $2.98. I think they were $2.49 last year... That's kind of a big increase...

And this seems extremely early. I don't think Wal Mart had lights out until the end of October last year. Interesting. Lowe's looks like they could go out any day now.

xmasboy wrote:

Incandescants appear to be $2.98. I think they were $2.49 last year... That's kind of a big increase...

And this seems extremely early. I don't think Wal Mart had lights out until the end of October last year. Interesting. Lowe's looks like they could go out any day now.

Yesterday the Lowe's here had all their incandescent lights on the shelf. There were signs for the LEDs, but they weren't there yet. I would bet in just a couple of days everything will be out. I am trying to match some Philips LEDs that I bought at Target last year. Target doesn't have any out yet. I asked when they would be out, and they sort of laughed at me. Oh well, I already know I'm nuts with this hobby, so that didn't hurt my feelings.

CKSedg wrote:

xmasboy wrote:

Yesterday the Lowe's here had all their incandescent lights on the shelf. There were signs for the LEDs, but they weren't there yet. I would bet in just a couple of days everything will be out. I am trying to match some Philips LEDs that I bought at Target last year. Target doesn't have any out yet. I asked when they would be out, and they sort of laughed at me. Oh well, I already know I'm nuts with this hobby, so that didn't hurt my feelings.

Do you remember what the price was for incandescant minis?

xmasboy wrote:

CKSedg wrote:
xmasboy wrote:

Do you remember what the price was for incandescant minis?

Sorry, I don't. I was looking for LEDs, so I didn't pay much attention to the incandescent lights.

xmasboy wrote:

Incandescants appear to be $2.98.  I think they were $2.49 last year...  That's kind of a big increase...

And this seems extremely early.  I don't think Wal Mart had lights out until the end of October last year.  Interesting.  Lowe's looks like they could go out any day now.

I know my local Lowe's didn't put out hardly anything for holloween this year but the shelves where they put the lights is clear. I'm betting lights will go out in the next week or so.

Dropped anchor a' Wal-Mart, Target, KMart, Lowes, Michael's an' BigLots..

Wal-Mart, did cast a wary look upon me when I did ask "Whar Be Yer Christmas Lights, ya scallywag?? WELL?? Speak up ya pasty codfish!" Bu' thar woz naught a filament ta be found.. yet..

Th' wenches a' KMart an' Target jus' looked a bit scared.. mighta been th' reflection o' th' lights off me cutlass.. No treasure thar either..

Michael's locked their door when they saw me comin'.. naught a blinkin' red o' green light in th' place..

Lowes 'ad th' decks cleared fer action, showin' price tags in place fer their Christmas booty.. so's... mayhaps next week they did bellow..

BigLots.. aaahhhh, they 'ad th' treasured lights out already.. tho's naught th' ones I be lookin' fer.. bu' lights, nonetheless..

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Wal-Mart, did cast a wary look upon me when I did ask "Whar Be Yer Christmas Lights, ya scallywag?? WELL?? Speak up ya pasty codfish!" Bu' thar woz naught a filament ta be found.. yet..

Th' wenches a' KMart an' Target jus' looked a bit scared.. mighta been th' reflection o' th' lights off me cutlass.. No treasure thar either..

Michael's locked their door when they saw me comin'.. naught a blinkin' red o' green light in th' place..

Lowes 'ad th' decks cleared fer action, showin' price tags in place fer their Christmas booty.. so's... mayhaps next week they did bellow..

BigLots.. aaahhhh, they 'ad th' treasured lights out already.. tho's naught th' ones I be lookin' fer.. bu' lights, nonetheless..
just make em walk the plank and sent them to Davey Jones Locker,,,,,,, very funny btw

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Wal-Mart, did cast a wary look upon me when I did ask "Whar Be Yer Christmas Lights, ya scallywag?? WELL?? Speak up ya pasty codfish!"  Bu' thar woz naught a filament ta be found.. yet..

Th' wenches a' KMart an' Target jus' looked a bit scared.. mighta been th' reflection o' th' lights off me cutlass..  No treasure thar either..

Michael's locked their door when they saw me comin'..  naught a blinkin' red o' green light in th' place..

Teej that is HILARIOUS!!! I too have been keepin me eye open fer the goods here in the Valley 'O the Sun! LOL ;):D:D

When I walked into the big Menards store near where I work, the first thing you see is Christmas lights, with large signage above that says Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. I was happy to see that.

I was in my local Home depot today also. On the highest shelving was some christmas stuff. a few days ago I was in there and commented that the christmas stuff should be showing up soon and an employee said setup is the 26th.

My walmart put out there lights yesterday. I was the first customer to buy any lights. They looked at me kinda funny when i was buying 50 boxes. Then they really thought i was crazy when i told them i needed another 100 boxes. I was able to get all my clear lights but they didn't have any red or any green 100 count minis. I called 7 other wal marts and all of them only have clear, multi, and blue. Thats all i can find at my store also. Has anyone else seen red or green minis at walmart? i just might have to return my lights and get them all somewhere else. Being as im going with all new lights for my show id like to stick to the same brand

I was in the local Target on Monday night. No Christmas lights. I asked when they would be out and they told me after Halloween, and actually made some semi-rude comments about crazy people who celebrate Christmas too soon!

I was back in the store just two nights later and EVERYTHING was on the shelf, both incandescents and LEDs. I bought a bunch. They had red, cool white, warm white, pink, purple, and blue. No green, for the second year in a row! Glad I ordered a bunch from CDI. Now I need to find some amber LEDs somewhere.

eschlomach wrote:

My walmart put out there lights yesterday. I was the first customer to buy any lights. They looked at me kinda funny when i was buying 50 boxes. Then they really thought i was crazy when i told them i needed another 100 boxes. I was able to get all my clear lights but they didn't have any red or any green 100 count minis. I called 7 other wal marts and all of them only have clear, multi, and blue. Thats all i can find at my store also. Has anyone else seen red or green minis at walmart? i just might have to return my lights and get them all somewhere else. Being as im going with all new lights for my show id like to stick to the same brand

If they thought you were crazy for buying 50 in September, they're going to think you're even crazier for returning 50 in September!