Light-O-Rama Forums

Getting s/w error for LOR Control Panel

rhino

I'm still really new to this LOR stuff, and just trying to get it configured. I know I'm behind on the sequencing, but if I can't get the software to work...

Dell laptop. Windows XP.

All Programs > Light-O-Rama > Light-O-Rama Control Panel

LORPost popup window indicates:

"Unexpected error getting shell path for ID5"

Why am I getting this error? And what do I need to do to correct it?

You might want to send a not to LOR support they usually answer the next day. Not sure about the error I have same set Dell Laptop and XP I did have a problem with the first line being off in sequencing but if you swith your desktop to classic that fixes that problem. You might try that and then reload LOR. If that doesn't work make sure you contact LOR support. Hope this helps.:P

Jim Saul wrote:

Rhino, if the uninstall / reinstall does not do it, try doing a FULL malwarebytes scan on the computer and rule out malware / virus activity.

Thanks everyone. But, what is a malwarebytes scan?

I'm finding out that I'm not getting the error when I use the login of the user that installed the software (ex: Larry). I get the error when I use a different login on the same computer (ex: Ronnie). I'm wanting it to work for all users on the computer, but I'll work on that AFTER I attend the Jumpstart class. I don't want to risk not having functioning software for the class by re-installing. Is this a good idea?

rhino wrote:

Jim Saul wrote:
Rhino, if the uninstall / reinstall does not do it, try doing a FULL malwarebytes scan on the computer and rule out malware / virus activity.

Thanks everyone.  But, what is a malwarebytes scan?

I'm finding out that I'm not getting the error when I use the login of the user that installed the software (ex: Larry).  I get the error when I use a different login on the same computer (ex: Ronnie).  I'm wanting it to work for all users on the computer, but I'll work on that AFTER I attend the Jumpstart class.  I don't want to risk not having functioning software for the class by re-installing.  Is this a good idea?

It appears that "Larry" did not install the software using an administrator account but rather used a user account. Therefore only "Larry" has permission to use the software rather then any user.

Reinstall as an administrator