Light-O-Rama Forums

ServoDog power supply?

Marty Spain

I am buying a servo dog controller but noticed that LOR does not offer power supplies for this. Can someone offer a source to buy the correct voltage and current rated power supply for the servo dog? marty

I used the same 12 volt power supply that i us for my rgb spots. I got it from seasonalentertainment.com. The servodog has a built in voltage regulator to limit the power to run the board. It requires 9 volts if i remember correctly. But most servo require 6volts or 4.8. The board will regulate the power for you as long as you don't go above 12 volts.

Hi Dan,

Do you have a part number of the power supply ? Is it a plug in pack or a chasis type which needs to be enclosed. Marty

Dan,

I am getting a 12 v, 8.3 amp power supply.

I have a question regarding configuring one of my Christmas programs using the ServoDog controller.

When configuring channels through the sequence editor when you click the pull down menu for adding a device , which option do you use for the servodog? You have LOR controller, Dasher controller, Digital IO card, Bsoft Digital IO card, X10, & sequence.

Is it Digital IO Card? I did not see anything in the ServoDog user manual regarding this. It mentions configuring each channel on the ServoDog Utility but not for the sequence editor. I am using V.2.9.4.

Marty

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the heads up on this PS. I just received my 8.3 amp unit. That is a good deal for a 12a power supply. I may just buy one of those too!

Marty