Light-O-Rama Forums

Encrypted Sequences

timmy

OK, I did search and everything I found says if you are getting the data encrypted error to license the computer and resave the sequence. My problem is I use three computers to do my sequencing. All three are 2.9.4 Advance license activated. ALL of my sequences from last year and this year now show lock icons on all three computers. I can't even perform a chase. It says data from an encrypted sequence can only be modified on originating computer, or something close to that. I have created the help ticket but figured someone on here might just have the answer I am in desperate need of. Thanks in advance, Timmy.

Oh yeah, I even downloaded a sequence from Lights For Riley yesterday and it also tells me the same error when I try to edit it.

They are all running 7 64 bit. bob emailed me and said those locks are in fact windows related. They are going to unlock them for me. I do not know what happened but it won't even let me chase without giving me the error

I think I've been speaking to the OP through email (if not, please let me know), but just for the benefit of others who may read this thread in the future:

That lock icon has nothing to do with the sequences being encrypted. In fact it has nothing to do with LOR. It's a Windows feature, which I believe is saying something like "no other user account on this computer is allowed to access this file".

Bob or anyone else who is playing with permissions in Windows 7,
Here is an easy to follow article with lost of screen shots about resetting the permissions.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/17117/remove-the-lock-icon-from-a-folder-in-windows-7/

I'm seeing more and more questions about the lock icons in 7 so you may want to save the link :(

I had the same problem with Win 7. I had the sharing set to share with Nobody and it gave me the padlock icon for all files placed in the folder. Turned share with homegroup on and that fixed the problem for me. Had to manually share the files that were already placed there to get the lock icons to go away.