Light-O-Rama Forums

ccr sequencing

Deck

Hello All:

Ok, hope this is not a silly question. I am new to the whole ccr idea. I currently have 1 16 channel LOR and am thinking of purchasing 2 ccr’s with controllers(making 2 arches) When it comes to programing sequences how easy/hard is it. I would like to start programing now, but how do the ccr channels effect my current 16 channel LOR. Is it possible to start programing now or do you have to wait for the arrival of the CCR? I use ShowTime software. If there is any advise you can offer a newbie would be great. Thanks.

The first thing to keep in mind is you never need the hardware in hand before you begin your programming. You can start today.

How hard is programming the CCR? Well, to some it is quite easy and to others quite hard. You won't know until you try.

You can start programming the CCR now. Simply add a CCR Controller to your current 16 channels, and start programming. When you do, go ahead and accept the defaults for now. (Unless you know what UnitID you want to give to the CCR controller. If you do, set it now.) Once it's in there, you can start programming.

This won't affect your current controller. The CCR controller will connect to your current controller, just like any other LOR device would.

*Disclaimer: I've been using the S3 beta for a while now. Can't recall the exact verbiage to add a CCR.

Thanks for the reply Don, if I get two CCR, how many RGB channels would you add? I have been reading up on it like a mad man and starting to figure things out....but will no doubt have some silly questions....

Let's see how good (or bad) the memory is...

Right click on your bottom most channel and select "Add Device" From there, choose a Cosmic Color Ribbon (or Cosmic Color Device) from the listed controllers. Go with the default on the rest.

That will create 50 RGB channels for you, all ready to go for the CCR. It will also create the macro channels. (See the CCR docs for macros.)

How do you draw the CCR arches in the animator?

The regular controllers were simple with just the channels. Now I've gotta put a RGB channel in the mix.

Maybe there's a video for this?

David Rise wrote:

The regular controllers were simple with just the channels. Now I've gotta put a RGB channel in the mix.

I don't know of a video.

However, in S2 it's quite painful to draw a CCR. (If memory serves) you have to draw out each of the 50 pixels one at a time in the animator. You don't have to draw out each of the 150 individual channels, just the 50 RGB channels.

Yes, this gets much easier in the S3 Visualizer.

David Rise wrote:

David the sequence I sent you. Could you see my visualizer and my arches?

SWood wrote:

David Rise wrote:

Yes....thanks a bunch. I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

Hope ya don't mind. I forwarded your email with the sequence to Jim Saul. he was asking the same questions as I am.

Of course, I gave you full acknowledgment for your sequence.....hehe

David Rise wrote:

SWood wrote:
David Rise wrote:

Yes....thanks a bunch. I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

Hope ya don't mind. I forwarded your email with the sequence to Jim Saul. he was asking the same questions as I am.

Of course, I gave you full acknowledgment for your sequence.....hehe

Yeah thats no problem.

I just thought if you could see my visualizer it would help clear things up as far as drawing the arches. I messed around with several different ways to draw them and basically just made each square on the grid one channel. Then i figured everyone that were using regular lights for arches were making 8 to 10 inch sections for each channel of lights. So I measured up 8 or 10 inches on the ccr which pretty much included 3 or 4 channels per section and thats how I came up with the way I have it sequenced.

Suggest that before you attach the ribbons you should take time to assign the CCR controller an identity, and test the ribbon. It would be a shame to dismantle if you have a problem. Test every year before you attach. It's like backing up your files, frequently.

Assigned the ID's as soon as I got them out of the box.

Finally got a sucessful test of the entire strip last night.

I had to do the stand alone option and download a sequence to the unit to get the test to work.

Created a show from a full sequence and ran it, but the CCR would not light up, no matter what I tried. I'm guessing that maybe it needs all the other controllers hooked up for it to work? Or at least one regular LOR controller?

David Rise wrote:

Assigned the ID's as soon as I got them out of the box.

Finally got a sucessful test of the entire strip last night.

I had to do the stand alone option and download a sequence to the unit to get the test to work.

Created a show from a full sequence and ran it, but the CCR would not light up, no matter what I tried. I'm guessing that maybe it needs all the other controllers hooked up for it to work? Or at least one regular LOR controller?

No, it should not need any other controllers to make it work.
Just out of curiosity are you connecting the Cat cable from the CCR controller directly to the computer? You need to plug it into a USB485 adapter. Then the USB plugs into your computer.

Thought I'd throw that out there just in case....

Yup....have the adapter.

I added a CCR sequence, save the sequence. created a show with just the one sequence in it and ran it. The CCR should have started up around 9 seconds in, but it didn't.

I'll keep playing around and see what happens. I did something wrong, just gotta figure out what.
Still plenty of time left to figure it out.

After reading the last couple posts, I have a question...(many to follow I bet.) I have not received my ccr's as yet, so I am reading and planning right now.....

my understanding is that I can hook up my lor like I did last year, (to the usb485) and then daisy chain the two ccr's from the lor?

Deck wrote:

After reading the last couple posts, I have a question...(many to follow I bet.) I have not received my ccr's as yet, so I am reading and planning right now.....

my understanding is that I can hook up my lor like I did last year, (to the usb485) and then daisy chain the two ccr's from the lor?

Yes, ALL of LOR's stuff daisy chains the same.