Light-O-Rama Forums

How do you import a song to start a new sequence??

deej012160

I just downloaded a demo version of the LOR software. I plan to setup my 1st diaplay for Christmas 2012. I have looked & looked in FAQs, newbie section, etc and haven't found anything that provides instructions how to "import" songs into the sequence editor. I am sure I missing something really easy here..... Thx in advance for your help!!

When you started LOR for the first time, it asked you to pick a directory to store your LOR files.

In that directory you will find many folders. The two important ones are "Sequences" and "Audio"

Any audio that you wish to use in a musical sequence should be copied/moved to the "Audio" directory.

Then, when you start the Sequence Editor you will want to create a new Musical Sequence. Then you will choose the audio file (the software will ask you.)

Once you do that, you have a musical sequence ready to program.

Welcome deej...

The preferred types of audio files for sequencing are either wav or constant bitrate (CBR) mp3. An mp3 with a variable bitrate will be a #$%@&^* to try to work with.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much!!! I found the folders you noted (they don't "jump out" at you...) and copied some "starter" songs there. I started sequencing my first song tonight. WOW is that EVER going to be time consuming!!! Looking forward to getting into this "boat"!!!