Light-O-Rama Forums

Really motivated after seeing the lights on the house lit up!!!

Guest guest

Ok, I have one house done, mine! When I saw these lit-up tonight, I got really motivated. :D:D three more neighbors to go.

Its a lot of work to put four different c9 strings together, to make up four different colors.

Soldered and zip tied with a two conducter wire for the 24 hour alarm circuit on wireless, tied into my house system.

I made a work table in my garage with couple of boards set at 30 degree angle, with nails running along the length of it and back to make up a total of 30 feet. It makes it much easier. But its still pretty time consuming.

I still have two more sets to make. At least the hard ones are out of the way. Four colors of R,B,P,G with a total length of 75 feet per color, for a total of 300 bulbs on 12 strings. I just need 2 more of the two string. Another 16 sets, not a problem. I should be done by weds and ready for Friday.

I checked this with my Watt O meter it comes out to 4.5 amps per color.
Has anybody chnged the 5 amp fuses to 7 amps, if there is a short it will still blow the fuse in-line at the start of the string. but a 5amp is just too close to 4.5!

I posted a picture of the wiring board. I will try and get a picture of the house when I get a chance. I'm off all week so I should be good. I still havn't made a sign for my Radio station. :(

Has anybody used a scrolling LED sign. The school I work for has a couple in the gym. But they might frown if I borrowed one:laughing:. They are pretty nice, full color and all. But I know they cost around 5 grand. Maybe next year!!!!!

Does anybody have, So this is Christmas from Celine Dion
I have looked around on the usual sites, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks for all of the help!

Tim

Attached files 90761=5493-nail board .JPG

OK here is the nail board with lights on it.

By the way, the guys who did the LED signs at the High School, in the district I work for. Graciously loaned me a LED display to use, :( this is the best thing I have every seen. Except for LOR.

Two house’s done. Two more to go.

I will try and post a picture of the LED sign later.

Thanks

Tim

Attached files 91852=5555-Nail board with lights.JPG

Here is the picture of LED sign. Its a little blured. I didn't put the camera on a tripod.

Just playing around with some stuff in the software. I have three colors to play R,G,Y I'm trying to find a flying Santa.

Does anybody know where to find a flying Santa that will fit a 16x96 Tricolor display?

Thanks

Tim

Attached files 91867=5557-LED Sign (Medium).JPG

imfsimm wrote:

Ok, I have one house done, mine! When I saw these lit-up tonight, I got really motivated. :(:D three more neighbors to go.

Its a lot of work to put four different c9 strings together, to make up four different colors.

Soldered and zip tied with a two conducter wire for the 24 hour alarm circuit on wireless, tied into my house system.

Um, what??? I'm totally confused after reading your post. Why are you soldering C9 sets? What do those have to do with an LED sign and/or LED sign board? :shock: :shock: :shock: Is that board in the picture with the C9s on it the LED board? :shock: :shock: :shock: I don't get it.

TED

TED wrote:

imfsimm wrote:
Ok, I have one house done, mine! When I saw these lit-up tonight, I got really motivated. ;):D three more neighbors to go.

Um, what??? I'm totally confused after reading your post. Why are you soldering C9 sets? What do those have to do with an LED sign and/or LED sign board? :shock: :shock: :shock: Is that board in the picture with the C9s on it the LED board? :shock: :shock: :shock: I don't get it.

TED

Hello TED

Makes perfect sense to me! :D

I will try to explain this better. There are few things going on here.

The C9 ends are soldered together because I dont want a fuse to blow where I can't get to it. I still have a fuse at the start of the run.

The work table with the nails is to make the strings up. Four colors on four different strings total of 50 feet long.

---------------------------R
---------------------------G
---------------------------Pi
---------------------------B
These lights are going along the eaves of the four house's. Each of the four house's will have four sets of strings, with four colors on each house. Every color is on a different channel on the LOR.

The LED sign was another question. I was just asking if anybody had used a LED sign for there display. I was trying to get some ideas.

Then I deceided to call the company who installed the signs at the schools where I work, and they loaned me one. The last picture is the LED sign, it has noting to do with the nail board.

Clear as mud now!

Tim