Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Works - Then Stays Lit Half Way Through Sequence

Guest guest

Hello,

I have a board where channel 8 works on and off for about 3 minutes of my sequence. Then it comes on, and stays on for the remaining 2 1/2 minutes of my sequence. When a new sequence starts, the channel seems to work fine again. I thought it did not happen the first few times I ran it, but might be mistaken, because I ran the sequence about 4 more times and the channel always comes on around the same time and does not go off (This channel runs about 20 strobe lights). To add to my problem, I have a second LOR board that I was not planning on using this year, so I am letting my Dad use it and he called me tonight and is also having the same problem with my other board, with a different sequence, on channel 7, with one flood light ? If anyone knows what this might be, please let me know. I guess I am going to try to change my sequence and put a different item on that channel and see if that will work??? Or, maybe just turn the strobes on and off at a different time?

-Rob

Try adding an additional load to that channel and see if the problem goes away...
(Something like a set of minis or even a single c7-c9 bulb)
Strobes are not much of a load and may not be enough to "pull" the channel down to "off" once fired. (doesn't explain your Dad's problem...unless it is an LED flood)

The other thing you may try is going in to the sequence and redrawing the events from the problem on to the finish. (Including the "off" time)
This has been known to "fix" a problem like this when it only occurs in one particular sequence.

Hope this helps!:(

Terry

Wow, I thought I was crazy! I posted the following around November 10th:

I have 192 channels (208 counting the back-up) and during the show I have noticed that a certain channel will intermittently turn off. The first time this happened I checked my programming to make sure I didn't forget something but the programming was solid. Sooo, I just reprogrammed the sequence so that it wasn't noticed (I figured it must be a program glitch). Now, tonight, I got a couple of more controllers on-line and I noticed a channel from two different controllers turning off during the show when they were supposed to be on. These sequences need the lights on. I can't program around these channels. Is anyone else having these problems???

I was hoping Dan or someone at LOR would respond but they haven't. I know everyone is running crazy right now, including me, so I haven't had a lot of time to mess with this (or even e-mail Dan directly). BUT, I did see a Post where someone else was having a similar problem (sorry, can't remember where it was) and Dan responded with a reply that sometimes in the 1.5 software adjoining channels may have an affect on each other especially during fades (and possibly shimmers). Dan said that there is a 1.6 software that will hopefully correct this (that's why I have just been living with the problem). Unfortunately, I don't know when this software will be released. I've changed some songs to get around the problem but one of my main songs still screws up some floods that really bugs me. Hopefully Dan or someone at LOR will see this and give us some facts and updates!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

Akronguy and ocandtrav,

I have a couple of sequences (from last year) that are doing the same thing (i.e. a channel will shut off or turn on mid sequence). I sent a memo to Dan, but either his SPAM filter is running a bit tight these days or it got put into the version 1.6 bit bucket.

Anyhow, awaiting version 1.6 as well to see if these anomalies go away.

I put my sequences up on my website with video to show the issues. http://www.k7mk.com/lorglitch/

Jim.

I too am having this problem with a single sequence.

Mine has a channel that does not come on to start the sequence until a certain change in event towards the middle. I've redrawn the events, deleted the events, deleted the channel, rebuilt the channel and it still wants to start the sequence in the off state.

I start it at 50% and about 1 minute or so in, it has a .10 event where it is 100%, then back to 50%. At that change in intensity is when it comes on and acts normal.

Again, just 1 sequence that I'm having the problem with. Most all of my other sequences have beginning or long runs of 50% intensity so I doubt that has anything to do with it. I'm 1/2 tempted to just redraw the entire sequence fro scratch and save as a new and see if I can get that channel on.

**EDIT**

OK, I guess this little posting scared the gremlins out of my system. I changed the first .20 to a 100% then drop it back to 50% and it works now. Guess it just needed a kick start. :)

Are any of you using the Easy Light Linkers?

While I was testing "spinning" on my Mega-Tree, channels would remain on. They would correct the next time the "slice" would turn on and off.

The solution was to upgrade the firmware in the ELL devices to 2.8.

tb

tb,

I'm not using Easy Light Linkers. Just a single LOR1602W with CAT5. But thanks for the heads up on the ELL. Looks like the firmware upgrade for those fixed the similar problem.

EasleyK,

Glad you found a fix. I did a similar thing in one of my sequences last year to get a channel to stay on. I had the channel at 50% and it would consistently turn off in the same spot. So I popped it up to 60% for a couple cells around that spot and it stayed on for the rest of the sequence.

Jim.

There is a known bug in the Sequence Editor/Show player. It has to do with short fades or fades with little change in intensity. The fade can be on any controller/channel and can affect any other channel.

We are trying hard to get an LOR 1.6 out in the next couple of days that will address this issue.

Thanks for the info Dan!

As usual, you guys have great customer support!

However, the way things are going at my place (i.e. projects not done, more lights need to go up, one more 16 channel kit to solder up, custom cables to be built, etc.) I may never get around to sequencing!

Jim.

LightORama wrote:

There is a known bug in the Sequence Editor/Show player. It has to do with short fades or fades with little change in intensity. The fade can be on any controller/channel and can affect any other channel.

We are trying hard to get an LOR 1.6 out in the next couple of days that will address this issue.

I'm very glad to hear it isn't a hardware problem!

Tested my new sequences tonight and I believe I ran into this same problem on one song. Unfortunately it's turning on my strobes partway into the song and they stay on the whole song. It''s a slow song and I don't even use the stobes in it. Is there a workaround? Will a short on and off event sort it out?