Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding quick blow fuses to CTB16 PC and general usage of

imposterbond

I am thinking about adding some in line quick blow fuses on the live out as a protection. Any technical reasons not to do this ?

Also I tend to group my usage of the cards channels - ie I put all my transformer lights connected on one card and my mains power lights on the other .

Any benefits to doing this? Is it better to mix them all up ? ie card 1 channel 1 mains , c2 transformer , c3 mains
TY

Mark

Guest wbottomley

imposterbond wrote:

I am thinking about adding some in line quick blow fuses on the live out as a protection. Any technical reasons not to do this ?

Yea.... IMO, a waste of time and money. The main fuse takes care of everything.

Ok , - Its more to protect whats connected - If I remember correctly the maximum for 1 channel is 8 amps - I have a few years ago lost all lights connected on 1 channel -I think the triac blew...and so did all the transformers.

Guest wbottomley

Uh... the new boards will have 25 amp triacs. That's more than the main fuse. The current boards have a 16 amp triac.

There shouldn't be any transformers on any channel. Transformers should be on the power input, not the channels.

Being across the pond from you, our mains voltage is different. Very very few of us use lights with step down transformers.

Since the Aussies have similar mains and light strings, you might want to post your question in the LOR section on the Aussie Board.

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/