Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR CTB16D fuses

Guest guest

I was wondering where people got their fuses from? I had one blow on me the other day and have not replaced it yet. I tried Radio Shack and they do not carry them. I'm thinking Home Depot, but haven't checked yet.

Any suggestions? Thanks gang

I purchased several replacement fuses (No I didn't have an amp meter at the time :)) at our local ACE hardware store. They were marked as "microwave fuses" but they met the same fast blow, voltage, and amp rating as the original LOR fuses. They worked great!

I even tested one of them out by blowing it too! :(

C9 bulbs.......sheeesh.

Darrell

I found them at our radio shack.

VonnerNIX wrote:

I was wondering where people got their fuses from? I had one blow on me the other day and have not replaced it yet. I tried Radio Shack and they do not carry them. I'm thinking Home Depot, but haven't checked yet.

VonnerNIX wrote:

Home Depot does carry them, they are the same ACE carries. I also purchased mine at ACE, But I also saw them at HD when I was looking around. They are called microwave fuses at HD also.

Tim

The LOR manual describes them as "15A, 250V, Ceramic Fast acting".

The fuse I found at Radio Shack's site is catalog 270-1040 and it's described as "15A, 250V, ABC/3AB series Ceramic Fuses" and "Ceramic Fuse for Microwave Ovens (4pk)".

"ABC/3AB 15 250V" is a 15A, 250V fast-acting ceramic fuse, so that's what I'd go after. You should also find it at many hardware stores.

Tom

Man, I saw that Radio Shack and Home Depot both carried the 20A 250V fuses, but I looked at the board and it says 20A 120V fuses needed. So I figured the 250V wouldn't work.

Good, well I'm glad they are there, and I will pick them up today. I appreciate your responses guys.

Happy lighting!

Make sure you select your fuse size to match your circuit breaker rating. If you're running on a 15A circuit, you should install 15A fuses. If you've upgraded your circuits to 20A (it will have a strange looking receptacle that looks like this -| | ) and you've set everything up for 20A, then of course you'll need the 20A fuses.

Tom