Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR No Light Actuation

Guest guest

You don't have a troubleshooting, Wiki or FAQ's that addresses my problem.

I have installed the correct hardware drivers (at least I think I have), left the LOR box in the default configuration, I have connected and verified that the LOR box actuates lights when I test them in the Hardware window.

I created the Light sequence & saved the file (.lms), I loaded it into the show editor, scheduled it and enabled the LOR control. The channels have been defined for 01 1 thru 16.
My preference in the Light Sequence editor for Network is Com 3 which was defined in the Hardware Utility. And the Hardware Utility is closed when I run this.

The music plays but the lights do not function.

I have worked for days trying to troubleshoot this and can't figure it out.:)

What am I missing?:(
Mark

If the hardware utility locates the boxes fine (LED goes to solid red), then my only guess is in the channel configuration maybe you didn't select LOR as the kind of controller. Rightclick on the row name and see.

Brad Caudill wrote:

If the hardware utility locates the boxes fine (LED goes to solid red), then my only guess is in the channel configuration maybe you didn't select LOR as the kind of controller. Rightclick on the row name and see.

Thanks Brad.

WOW!!!!:shock::shock:

I got such a fast response back from LOR. And it solved the problem. What incredible support!!:laughing:

My only suggestion would be a Fault Tree or Troubleshooting Tree as my issue was not addressed directly in any of their documenation, Wiki, or FAQ's.

As an EE we use them for resolving issues with our Medical Equipment. It's a great tool and allows you to reach a solution very quickly without any organic (people) support.

Absolutely Awesome LOR:)

Mark

Was that the issue? I am not part of LOR but I help where I can and likewise many people help me. This is kinda LOR's helping tree. I am an EE too atleast by degree but a QA Analyst by job. Someone asked me if I did this at work and I was like no it is my hobby.

belgen wrote:

My only suggestion would be a Fault Tree or Troubleshooting Tree as my issue was not addressed directly in any of their documenation, Wiki, or FAQ's.

As an EE we use them for resolving issues with our Medical Equipment. It's a great tool and allows you to reach a solution very quickly without any organic (people) support.

Any help that you can provide in creating this Fault Tree, would be appreciated. I'm the creator of the Wiki, though anyone is allowed to contribute.

Feel free to send me a PM with your ideas. Any ideas which improve upon the Wiki are welcomed from anyone.