Light-O-Rama Forums

Timing marks not blinking left bar

jbzeus

I've entered timing marks for various songs. When playing back the channel buttons they blink for some of the marks but not for others. The divisions are 1/20th of a second. Running a Win7 with 6Gb of ram and GTX275 video card i920chip. No other programs running.

?

Jeff

Unless you've changed the default preference settings, the channel buttons will light according to lighting events programmed in that particular channel.

George, they light intermittently. As the song plays and the trackign bar moves across the screen sometimes they light and sometimes they dont. Can't determine why.

I've had the same issue with one of my songs. Press play, watch the animator and at some point some of the lights stop and only come on sometimes.

So far, it's just the one song. Laptop running Windows XP, service pack 3.

The only thing that I did differently on this one song, is that I used the tapper.

I will answer the laptop issue, but the OP has a nice video card so this will not apply to him.
On most laptops these days the video shares the system ram / memory. I too have noticed that the refresh for the laptop screen is slow and may not refresh fast enough if there is lots of activity (pixels being turned on and off or changing colors). I can play the same sequence several times. Some times a item will light up and some times it wont. I might have to play it 4 or 5 times before that one item will light up at a given time hack. But if I take that same sequence and music and migrate to my tower computer. Then the item will light each and every time on that computer with a LCD screen also. So, it is just the resources or should we say the lack of resources on my laptop that causes the visual display to act up.

Max-Paul wrote:

I will answer the laptop issue, but the OP has a nice video card so this will not apply to him.
On most laptops these days the video shares the system ram / memory. I too have noticed that the refresh for the laptop screen is slow and may not refresh fast enough if there is lots of activity (pixels being turned on and off or changing colors). I can play the same sequence several times. Some times a item will light up and some times it wont. I might have to play it 4 or 5 times before that one item will light up at a given time hack. But if I take that same sequence and music and migrate to my tower computer. Then the item will light each and every time on that computer with a LCD screen also. So, it is just the resources or should we say the lack of resources on my laptop that causes the visual display to act up.

cool....thanks.

George, it seems to be consistent that they don't light on the same marks. But, I have to admit, after about the first three marks I lose track. :-)

jbzeus wrote:

George, it seems to be consistent that they don't light on the same marks. But, I have to admit, after about the first three marks I lose track. :-)

Is it a sequence you can upload here (or even email to someone here) and tell us exactly what to look for. That way we can see if its doing the same on our end.

What version of LOR are you running?

Does this occur in conjunction with a screen re-draw as the tracking bar reaches the right side of your screen?

When you say you've entered "timing marks" exactly what do you mean?