Light-O-Rama Forums

Cleanup Sequence

KStatefan

I am putting my first show together for 9-11. It is going to just be a HolidayCoro flag musical sequence. I did a 3 channel animation for Christmas. I have two shows put together that last about 15 minutes. If I add a cleanup sequence and schedule the show for 30 minutes will it run thru my songs for 15 minutes then go to the cleanup sequence for the last 15 minutes?

KStatefan wrote:

I am putting my first show together for 9-11. It is going to just be a HolidayCoro flag musical sequence. I did a 3 channel animation for Christmas. I have two shows put together that last about 15 minutes. If I add a cleanup sequence and schedule the show for 30 minutes will it run thru my songs for 15 minutes then go to the cleanup sequence for the last 15 minutes?
Could you explain a little better?

When you say you have "two shows" do you mean "2 sequences" or actually two different shows that each have multiple sequences in them?

I have two different shows. One of them I want to start at the top of the hour and the other at the bottom of the hour. Each show has six different sequences in it.

KStatefan wrote:

I have two different shows. One of them I want to start at the top of the hour and the other at the bottom of the hour. Each show has six different sequences in it.

Then I would either add your clean-up sequence to each show...

or make the clean-up sequence it's own show and schedule accordingly.

jimswinder wrote:

KStatefan wrote:

I will add it to each show.

Thanks

KStatefan wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
KStatefan wrote:

Thanks

Gotta ask though...

what does you "clean-up " sequence do?

jimswinder wrote:

KStatefan wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
KStatefan wrote:

Thanks

Gotta ask though...

what does you "clean-up " sequence do?

It just has lights on.

KStatefan wrote:

It just has lights on.

I may be wrong, since I don't and have never used it..but isn't there an option where when your shows ends you can have "all lights on"?

Will look for it...

KStatefan wrote:

I do not have the lights on at 100%.
I must have been thinking of something else anyway...all I could find was this in an LOR manual:

Scheduling an Hourly (or some other period of time) Show
If you want to run a show that plays a series of musical sequences at the top of the hour and then
either turns all the lights on or runs some non-musical animation for the rest of the hour, you can
accomplish that by doing the following:
Build your musical show as described earlier in this guide. Then fill out the rest of the time period
with one or more animation sequences:
1. To turn all lights on for the rest of the hour, create a one minute animation sequence that
turns on all of your lights. Use a loop to extend this sequence to fill out more than the
remaining time in the period. E.g. if your musical sequences at the top of the hour run for
15 minutes, make this lights on animation run for 50 minutes. Put this animation filler
sequence after your other sequences in the musical section of the show.

wbottomley wrote:

When you turn her on, she gets into high gear.

Don't we know it!!!! ;)

Oh wait...I don't know that.... :D

Lori...how come I don't know that yet?!?!?

The term "Cleanup Sequence" is used in the show editor on the "Musical" tab. It's an animation sequence that is run after each sequence in the "Musical" tab. It's probably not what want you want to use, since it would play between each of your six sequences.

Instead, use the suggestion posted by jimswinder. Create a animation sequence that will run for a little longer than 15 minutes. You could actually make this animation sequence run for 60 minutes because an animation sequence will be interrupted when it's time for a show to end. Make sure to put this animation sequence last in the Musical section.

OK I will try that.

Why are there separate tabs for animation and musical tabs. What happens if I put one animation sequence in the animation tab?

KStatefan wrote:

What happens if I put one animation sequence in the animation tab?

Then it will play at the same time as the sequence in the Musical tab. If it uses the some channels as the sequence that's playing from the Musical tab, then strange things will happen.

Steven wrote:

KStatefan wrote:
What happens if I put one animation sequence in the animation tab?

Then it will play at the same time as the sequence in the Musical tab. If it uses the some channels as the sequence that's playing from the Musical tab, then strange things will happen.

So it would work like a back ground sequence if it was on separate channels?

KStatefan wrote:

So it would work like a back ground sequence if it was on separate channels?

That is correct. The difference between sequences in the Background and Animation tabs are:
  1. "Animation" sequences don't start until the "Startup" sequences have finished, and stop when the "Shutdown" sequences start. "Background" sequences start when the show starts and end when the show ends.
  2. If "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence" is checked, then all channels used in an "Animation" sequence will turn off when the sequence ends, even if they are going to turn back on when the sequence restarts. "Background" sequences have an implicit loop, so they never really end until the show ends.
  3. If there are multiple sequences in the "Background" tab, they will all run at the same time. Multiple sequences in the "Animation" tab can run one after the other, if the "Play sequentially" option is checked.

This means that if you don't have any "Startup" or "Shutdown" sequences; the "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence" box is not checked; and the "Play concurrently" option is selected, then putting a sequence in the Animation tab has the same effect as putting it in the Background tab.

• 2 months later...

jimswinder wrote:

KStatefan wrote:

I must have been thinking of something else anyway...all I could find was this in an LOR manual:

If you want to run a show that plays a series of musical sequences at the top of the hour and then
either turns all the lights on or runs some non-musical animation for the rest of the hour, you can
Build your musical show as described earlier in this guide. Then fill out the rest of the time period
1. To turn all lights on for the rest of the hour, create a one minute animation sequence that
turns on all of your lights. Use a loop to extend this sequence to fill out more than the
remaining time in the period. E.g. if your musical sequences at the top of the hour run for
15 minutes, make this lights on animation run for 50 minutes. Put this animation filler

@jimswinder... this doesn't make sense. You can't add an animation sequence to the musical sequence section. Which then begs the question... if you have Animations in the Animations tab and Music Animations in the Musical tab... which ones play first?

lhamilton wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
KStatefan wrote:

@jimswinder... this doesn't make sense. You can't add an animation sequence to the musical sequence section. Which then begs the question... if you have Animations in the Animations tab and Music Animations in the Musical tab... which ones play first?
I didn't think you could either...but I just saw a thread from Bob saying you could...let me try and find it...