Light-O-Rama Forums

Plastic Tubes

Arnoldc

We have a lot of these plastic tubes.. And I know there has to be SOMETHING that we can use them for other than trash.. They are 36" long 2" dia.. Very thin walled... Up for ideas... think you could use them? Let me know.. I hate to see these things thrown away..
Btw they are plastic tubes for plotter paper..

Attached files 260098=14409-2011-08-25 12.55.05.jpg

Arnoldc wrote:

We have a lot of these plastic tubes.. And I know there has to be SOMETHING that we can use them for other than trash.. They are 36" long 2" dia.. Very thin walled... Up for ideas... think you could use them? Let me know.. I hate to see these things thrown away..
Btw they are plastic tubes for plotter paper..
how thin walled? could throw some lights on the inside if they are thin enough.

If they are about 2" in diameter, Try putting a Seasonal Entertainment spot light in one end, then at the other, make a cap with some tin foil to reflect the light back. Might look like some sort of light wand or light saber that you could make any color.

Jim-

No they are rigid.. may get away with some bending if you heat it up.. But the walls are so thin, I would think it would kink easily, even with sand..

Arnoldc wrote:

Jim-

No they are rigid.. may get away with some bending if you heat it up.. But the walls are so thin, I would think it would kink easily, even with sand..

Then caniac and Dan have the best ideas...would look cool...

make a "spinner" out of them if the lights could shine thru....

DonFL wrote:

I think Jim could use those as the main mast for the weber tree..:(:P

Would probably be stronger than what I used last year!!!

OOOOh...and this year I could put lights in my see-thru mast so everyone could SEE it falling!!!!

What I am thinking is next year use them as my fence posts blocking the actual display.. And adding a cap on it much like what Dan suggested.. Always next year!