Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 question

scubado

I know in the past guys have had to stop their shows to get showblockers/limos to move on. Does S3 control panel have a pause button so you can pause the show and resume from the same spot w/o having to start the show over?

scubado wrote:

I know in the past guys have had to stop their shows to get showblockers/limos to move on. Does S3 control panel have a pause button so you can pause the show and resume from the same spot w/o having to start the show over?

Doesn't look like it.

Has this been on the wishlist? I'm going there now. I would think this would be a fairly easy thing to add.

Jeff Millard wrote:

scubado wrote:
...wishlist? I'm going there now. I would think this would be a fairly easy thing to add.

+1, after the evening I've had tonight... A pause button would have been a welcome tool!

Jeff

Bathroom break?!

New S3 question. When playing back in the visualizer, if you hit the spacebar to pause, does it freeze the visualizer to show you whats on at that point? Or does everything go 'all on'?

Jeff Millard wrote:

The spacebar thing is being discussed right now so I shouldn't comment. As for stopping play, it behaves as the hardware would. If you have the "All Off" enabled, it'll kill the lights and you see a blank picture. (there are no ghosts as there were in the S2 viz)

However, if you have the "All Off" command disabled and you stop play (with the spacebar {so it does work}) the lights that are on in the specific time cell where the cursor stopped will remain lit in the visualizer. There's a little treat that was added due to a Beta tester's request. LOR Bob added a feature to the SE that gives you the color and intensity in the channel button, of the selected time cell. So if you click around (and have it selected in preferences) it will mirror what it would look like during play.

So, in answer to your question... if it's set up to do so, when you stop play the visualizer will remain lit as it was when stopped. (It really is an amazing piece of software through and through)

Jeff

EDIT: you can actually see this in action at the beginning of the Vimeo of Shannon's 16 channel tree. I stopped it in the SE at a place I thought looked cool, then started the recorder... then I started the sequence... so at the very beginning of the video it's freeze framed on that cool look.

SWEET!!!:P:D

Did someone find another bug? I see you removed the 'No more bugs' from your signature.