Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR in Standalone Mode

Guest guest

I have a 16 channel controller set up in my business to run in standalone mode so that I have a light show going on when my display lights turn on after dark. No music...just lights. I'm on a major road in town and sequencing music and lights and offering a musical light show to passers by would cause traffic and possibly accidents. So for now...no music.

However, from time to time, I'd like to show off and play some musical sequences inside my store for a customer or two...or just for me and my family. Is there a way to play a musical sequence while the controller is in standalone mode? Can I force a show without making a specific schedule? I've read several places and haven't found a way to do that.

Help?

I guess my main question is...

I know that I can go into the Control Panel and go to "Standalone" and turn the lights off after I power up the controller. The controller stays connected to the PC at all times, so it comes down to this...

Is there a way to play a show without creating a schedule? If I want to play a show, can it be forced manually?

Okay...that's two questions...

ssorrell wrote:

Is there a way to play a show without creating a schedule?
No, at least not a list of songs.
If I want to play a show, can it be forced manually?

Only by staying at the computer and queing each sequence

Queing it? Where is there a queue?

Say I want to play "Wizards of Winter" for which I have created a musical sequence. Is there a way to send it to the controller without scheduling it?

The only way I've found to do it so far is to open the Schedule Editor and schedule a show, whether it is one tune or a list of tunes, to play within the next minute or two.

Or, is there a way to test your sequences without having them scheduled?

okay...I think I've got it.

If I open the musical sequence with the Sequence Editor, I can play the sequence and it will control the lights IF I have that option checked under the "play" tab. Then, at the conclusion of the sequence, it will revert back to Standalone mode and continue to play its animation sequence that I downloaded to the unit.

I guess if I had played around long enough I would have figured it out!

I do think that trying to play a programmed sequence from the computer (or MP3 director, etc.) will conflict with a preloaded animation already in the controller.

I've never tried it, but I think I've heard of this problem before, when people don't realize that they had a sequence loaded in the controller.