Light-O-Rama Forums

Why are some sequence files in XML format?

Greg.Ca

As a new user to LOR I have found some good public domain sequences but they are in XML format and not in LMS format. When I tried to download and use in S2 the software issues an error message (unknown file format) and will not play the song in the sequence editor.

My questions are:
How and why are these sequences in LMS format?

And more importantly, How do I convert these sequences from XML to LMS so that LOR will open up the program and play it? I'm totally lost on this one. Thanks for the help guys. --Greg--

Greg.Ca wrote:

As a new user to LOR I have found some good public domain sequences but they are in XML format and not in LMS format. When I tried to download and use in S2 the software issues an error message (unknown file format) and will not play the song in the sequence editor.

My questions are:
How and why are these sequences in LMS format?

And more importantly, How do I convert these sequences from XML to LMS so that LOR will open up the program and play it? I'm totally lost on this one. Thanks for the help guys. --Greg--

As of S2 and higher, the sequences are written out in XML format. Simply change the file extension from XML to LMS, and the Sequence Editor will open it.

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately thqt didn't work. I renamed the file and changed the extension as LMS but the 'TYPE' of file stayed as XML and it still wont play and somehow S2 still knows that it is still a XML file as the type of file didn't change?? Still puzzled. What am I doing wrong?--Greg--

You will have to go into file preferences and "untick" the "hide file extension" option. What you probably now have is: name.lms.xml. This is one of MS Windows "features" - if you hide the file extension, you cannot change it. When you try, you actually make your edit before the file extension in the filename!

Regards,

Alan.