Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help with my Light O Rama controler

Guest guest

I just got a 16 channel Light O rama controler and im having trouble setting it up. I have it hooked up but for some reason the sequence will not light up the controler. When i go into the hardware set up it finds in on Com 3 and lets me test the lights. But when i close the hardware setup it does not save the settings. I am using a USB port with the hardware but Im wondering if I should use the modem instead.

ZERZIE wrote:

I just got a 16 channel Light O rama controler and im having trouble setting it up. I have it hooked up but for some reason the sequence will not light up the controler. When i go into the hardware set up it finds in on Com 3 and lets me test the lights. But when i close the hardware setup it does not save the settings. I am using a USB port with the hardware but Im wondering if I should use the modem instead.

You are leaving out a lot of information. I'm going to guess that you didn't configure your channels correctly in the sequence editor.

Or, you have the shows created, the schedule created, but you didn't start the LOR Control Panel, (or possibly didn't 'Enable Shows')

Be sure to check the LOR WIki for more help.

there is a way to set the com port in the sequence editor. I want to say it is in the edit pulldown under network settings... I found this info on the LOR Wiki and it got me up and running.

Make sure the hardware utility is closed before trying to run anything sequences/shows.

Make sure the "Control Lights" is checked under the "Play" drop down window if running individual sequences.

Hope something helps.

Tom

Thanks for your input... Im buying newer dell laptop that I hope will have less conflicts. I think ther is a problem with the Com ports. If the laptop has a network card will I need to use the USB port or can I just go diectly from controler to laptop?

ZERZIE wrote:

Thanks for your input... Im buying newer dell laptop that I hope will have less conflicts. I think ther is a problem with the Com ports. If the laptop has a network card will I need to use the USB port or can I just go diectly from controler to laptop?

The Sequence Editor defaults the comm ports. If the USB adapter installs on COM2 or COM3 this causes a problem. Stop the Hardware Utility, start the Sequence Editor, click Edit -> Preferences -> Network Preferences. In the window that pops up, set the Dasher and X10 comm ports to (None). Then set the Light-O-Rama comm port to Comm3 and click OK.

When you create your sequence, make sure your channels are set to be LOR controllers with the correct uint and circuit. Make sure Control Lights is checked in the Play menu -- things should work then.

ZERZIE wrote:

No. You must use the USB485 adapter, or the Serial RS485->RJ45 adapter. While the commands are sent over standard network cable and use RJ45 connectors ... a different protocol is used, and it's not compatible with standard networking protocols.