Light-O-Rama Forums

Any new S3 teases?

scubado

Jeff Millard wrote:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... Strobes... look like strobes... Way cool!:cool:

Jeff

Need...video...need...video...need...video....

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Surfing4Dough

• LOR Staff

• George Simmons

jimswinder wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
john fulkerson wrote:
if its gonna cost me again i will not upgrade i feel that would be unfair having just bought the software
Last time I checked, LOR is in the business of making money and no one is entitled to it free. :P

Sheesh people...

research and development is not free and "profit" is not a dirty word...
I think what some don't understand, having bought V2 doesn't mean it suddenly stops working and you have to shell out money to buy V3. It just means that if you want what V3 offers than you have to pay an upgrade fee. Most likely you bought V2 because it had what you needed.

It's nice to have round strobes in the visualizer instead of having to make square ones. (And I like those flying dogs too.)

Jeff Millard wrote:

james campbell wrote:
Jeff Millard wrote:

how are you getting them randomized? can you change speeds? can you send me a copy:D

If you watch, there is a repeating pattern. Yes. No.

Jeff

I wish the strobes didn't look like LED strobes, but rather more like Xenon strobes. They look too much like flashing lights, rather than the POP and flash of Xenons. Plus the whole randomization issue... :D;):);):P;):P

In the old visualizer what I did was to draw in strobes one light to a channel. I put all those ghost channels in a separate track and to make them randomize - FOR VISUALIZATION PURPOSES ONLY - I simply twinkled them.

Okay I see the upgrade to S3 will be supposedly $20.00 But the MILLION DOLLAR question is, if you want to upgrade to S3 WITH the SuperStar software, HOW MUCH is that upgrade going to cost? As I'm sure that $20 IS NOT going to cover that now is it? (I seriously doubt it, but stranger things have happened).

So I'd like to know is what the COMPLETE FULL PACKAGE UPGRADE is going to cost to go from S2 to S3? Anyone know or have any info on that aspect?

Beleive it or not, those strobes ARE random. :D It would take a whole lot more code to make them a pattern. That would never happen - I'm cheap! :D The patterns that you perceive (and I see them too) is your brain trying to bring order to chaos.

Unfortunately, there is no good way to make any bulb look more like an incandescent or xenon. Yes, we could add some 'attack' and 'decay' to each bulb, but the amount of math required along with all the additional rendering would slow things to a crawl.

George Simmons wrote:

It's nice to have round strobes in the visualizer instead of having to make square ones. (And I like those flying dogs too.)

Strobes in the Visualizer can be ANY of the shapes, Round, Square, Stars, etc :D

Zman raised a question in another thread...so this is to DevMike or any of the Beta Testers...

will we be able to use the CTRL feature and "grab" multiple channels (even if they are not adjacent to one another) and move them within a track...or even Copy To Track Number...

jimswinder wrote:

Zman raised a question in another thread...so this is to DevMike or any of the Beta Testers...

will we be able to use the CTRL feature and "grab" multiple channels (even if they are not adjacent to one another) and move them within a track...or even Copy To Track Number...

Not exactly. Creating a group requires using X number of contiguous channels. You select the starting and ending channel in the group. Once the group is created you can copy it or move it to a different track. Altogether it takes less than a minute, regardless of the size of the group.

George Simmons wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

Not exactly. Creating a group requires using X number of contiguous channels. You select the starting and ending channel in the group. Once the group is created you can copy it or move it to a different track. Altogether it takes less than a minute, regardless of the size of the group.

Actually the question was about moving channels within tracks not creating a group ...but is it the same?

So if we want to move a few channels from the bottom of a track to the top, it is still just one at a time, huh?

So I guess that for other instances (which I can't think of what they were right now) where we want or need to grab several different things, we won't be able to do that either...

EDIT:

Thought of an example...copying and pasting channels that are not side by side

I think I may just put a screen outside to play the visualizer on. Comparing the S3 visualizer with a video I took of last years show side by side. I think the visualizer looks better.:?

jimswinder wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
jimswinder wrote:

Actually the question was about moving channels within tracks not creating a group ...but is it the same?

So if we want to move a few channels from the bottom of a track to the top, it is still just one at a time, huh?

So I guess that for other instances (which I can't think of what they were right now) where we want or need to grab several different things, we won't be able to do that either...

No we still don't have a ctrl "grab" multiple channels function.

If, like in your example, you have a few channels on the bottom of a track you want to move to the top of 100s of channels. I would put these few channels in a group and move the group to the top. Then you can remove those channels from the group. That way would be fastet than trying to move 6 channels one at a time.

George Simmons wrote:

Not exactly. Creating a group requires using X number of contiguous channels.

Didn't Bob show an example of making a group that did not have contiguous channels?

http://www.lightorama.com/bobpublic/GroupParts.swf

or were you speaking of something else?

jimswinder wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Not exactly. Creating a group requires using X number of contiguous channels.

Didn't Bob show an example of making a group that did not have contiguous channels?

http://www.lightorama.com/bobpublic/GroupParts.swf

or were you speaking of something else?

If you're referring to the second group he made, look again and you'll see that he first moved those channels into a contiguous position and then created the group.

Paul Roberson wrote:

I think I may just put a screen outside to play the visualizer on. Comparing the S3 visualizer with a video I took of last years show side by side. I think the visualizer looks better.:?

If you read into it a little bit, the Visualizer help file suggests that not only is it a planning tool, but it can be used as a display item as well.

"Since the Visualizer uses standard IP communication, it is not limited to just designing simulations on your sequencing computer; it can also be used as a display item in your show. For example, you could attach a large screen TV to a computer somewhere else on your physical stage and control it from your show computer."

If you look through Jeff's videos, you'll find one where he is controlling a visualizer on a computer separate of this show machine.

One of the main tests we ran before going into Beta was a 12 CCR matrix that Brian programmed. Dan's going to kill me when I say this: A big screen TV hooked up to a computer that is running Visualizer that has a 12 CCR matrix on it looks good, too!