Light-O-Rama Forums

My New 64 channel controller

Denise Brunner

Had it up and running last night, but in a major rain storm. Could not bring a camera outside. We will see what tonight brings.

Very nice. Was thinking of a three-banger for this season. Where did you get the insulated connectors?

Denise Brunner wrote:

Chalk one up for us girls, some of us do know a thing or two. I can tell you a ton of mechanic stories. Anyway, yes that is the Lowes 12 X 12 X 6. Hopefully today I will get it outside on the 20 foot tree that has been set up in my back yard for the last two weeks waiting for some computer signals !!!.

But thanks Guys for all the compliments, it actually is an easy task but time comsuming, compared to some of the control wiring I do. If the weather holds up I will play outside in a little while.

Later:D

What did you use to attach it to your tree?

I got the insulated connectors from the local supply house. I mounted the box on a piece of wood (painted black) putting screws through the external ears on the box. Then used U brackets to attach the wood strip to the pole. Came out real nice

Pictures will follow, I promise.

Guest Don Gillespie

Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat job that is one fine piece of work right there, it does't matter how long you have been doing this hobby you always learn somehting new and unique, the attention to detail is fabulas, nice work Denise.

more

To get an idea of size, there is a chair to the bottom right of tree and a small step ladder to the left of tree.

Attached files 257063=14147-DSC_2007.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Denise

Great looking set up, would you mind telling what you used to mount the boards to the box, it appears to be glued in? I believe I read that you used low power heat sinks is that correct?

Thanks,

Mike

I glued strips of wood painted black to the box. Then screwed the boards to the wood strips. Since the tree is 100% LED (except the strobes), the whole thing only draws under 2 amps. So yes, they are low power heat sinks.

• 1 month later...

Denise, You inspired me !

Here is my version the "CTB64SB"
I had some materials around, the board guides, standoffs, etc
I will use this for my mega tree this year freeing up 4 other controllers to use elsewhere.
I also doubled the mass of the heat sinks, there were several low power plates around from other kits I completed using the high power plates.
I put a slight bend in one of them, put some heat compound between and bolted the whole mess together.
I, like yourself am in a colder climate and use LEDs so no issues with temp.

Thanks for the Idea !

Attached files 274070=15148-P1010139.JPG