Show Question - Transition from one sequence to next

Guest guest

Hello,

So as not to completely annoy my neighbors, I have decided to not have the animation going all the time. I have 3 songs sequenced to the music, and I am going to set up some additional "sequences" that are musical sequences, but have all the channels on the entire song. I will be setting up a show as follows

Animated Song1, Static Song1, Static Song2, Animated Song2, Static Song3, Static Song4, Animated Song3, Static Song5, Static Song6, Animated Song1, Static Song7, Static Song8, Animated Song2, Static Song9, Static Song10, Animated Song3,Static Song11, Static Song12.

This will total about an hour and 10 minutes. I will run this show for 3 hrs and 30 minutes a night (show repeats three times).

My question is when transitioning between the two static song sequences (i.e. From static song 1 to static song 2) will the channels stay on during the transition, or will everything go off briefly?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

mine does, each time the "show" restarts/ repeats. It is just a little blink, but it is a bit aggravating, I guess you could just specify a longer total show to include all of the pieces three times?? I think I just gave myself an idea, I'm going to give this a whirl soon. We noticed it at halloween.

Doug

Since the first song in the Show is an animation, everything should turn off when the show restarts, so that is OK.

If the lights flicker between sequences, then I guess I could merge the two audio files with Audacity, and only have one sequence for two songs.

The solution that I use it to set up two shows. The first show will have your animated sequences in it only.

The second will have all the rest of your songs you want to play (built as musical sequences with no lights assigned). and create a animation sequence with your lights on and put it into the background tab.
This will play your songs and your lights will not flicker between sequences.

You can then schedule the animated shows to play whenever you want and fill in the remaining times with the static show.

I have done as Ranger_391xt suggests by combining 2 or 3 songs into one song using Audacity. It makes life easier and creates less ancillary problems.