Light-O-Rama Forums

Success!

Guest guest

I finished the last hook-ups for my LOR shows and tested it tonight. With the exception of a few minor glitches, IT WORKS...no...it works GREAT! I impressed my neighbors and more importantly, I impressed my wife! The looks I got while stringing lights, hooking up boards, well I seemed like the crazy guy on the corner...who's crazy NOW! Anyway, LOR worked like a charm! I'm always so amazed when I but some electronic gizmo and it actually works like it's supposed to! Kudos to Dan and the LOR crew for an AMAZING product. Oh yeah, THANKS to all the people on this forum. Without your help and advise to me and others, I couldn't have done it. You all made me look like a technical titan. If I stand out, it's only because I'm standing on the shoulders of all of you!

Thanks;

Jerry

Congrats Jerry! :waycool:

I remember the first time I fired everything up and the excitement of seeing everything work (except for my mistakes) LOL!:D

Welcome!
You are an official "CLF" now for certain! (Christmas Light Fanatic)

Terry

That's great Jerry :waycool:,

Sounds like the hard part is over, now it's time to take a break. Oh :shock:, wait a minute. Now it's time to work on 2007 :laughing:.

Seriously though, congrats. I'm sure you won't sleep a wink tonight but instead play with the lights all night. Too bad it's not a weekend, but then again, there's sick leave for tomorrow :]. "Cough, cough: hey boss, I have the LOR bug, can't make it in, sorry".

Post some video/pics to share if you can.

Tom

Jerry - Nice job! I tested my LOR system on Nov. 5th and my neighbors came out as well. Five and half months of work to get 80 channels right is good feeling.

Congrats - Have fun this season!

Bill Jr.

Congrats!!! I have been working on my show since June.. I am first time user myself. I cant wait to get to the point of firing up my four controllers. Seeing your success is Great!! I have made a cabinet for the controllers, 7 5 foot rope light trees, 10 2 foot in diameter christmas balls for the trees and have not had a chance to test anything.. so i am a little nervouse but i think it will be fine.

Thanks to alll for the kind words. I think that the key to my success was advice I recieved from someone on this forum about planning. Plan like you're building the Emipre State Building. Spread sheets, diagrams and as much paper as you can generate. I took those words to heart, and I think that it really paid off! My first fire- up went really great. I had only a very few minor glitches that I will have resolved my tonight. Thanks again to everyone here;

Jerry