Light-O-Rama Forums

Wireless Connectors

Guest guest

Which jack to does the data cable go on the wireless board? It has two jacks and nothing in the book said which jack to plug your cat5 cable into. Is one for input and one output? I know I connect from the computer to the USB voltage booster connector to the wireless transmitter. Also how is everyone mounting these? The books says something about being 8 feet up in the air.

Brad Caudill wrote:

Which jack to does the data cable go on the wireless board? It has two jacks and nothing in the book said which jack to plug your cat5 cable into. Is one for input and one output? I know I connect from the computer to the USB voltage booster connector to the wireless transmitter. Also how is everyone mounting these? The books says something about being 8 feet up in the air.

The jacks are equal.

Thanks and I had read that manual over a few times. I can say put the receiver 8 ft off the ground and then run a 50 foot cat5 cable to the first box right and that will work. I am just thinking about how to make it closer to the computer and transmitter.

Brad Caudill wrote:

Thanks and I had read that manual over a few times. I can say put the receiver 8 ft off the ground and then run a 50 foot cat5 cable to the first box right and that will work. I am just thinking about how to make it closer to the computer and transmitter.

You want to keep the wire to the wireless as short as possible. That is why we supply 10 ft cables with them. This is especialy important on the unit that acts as the transmitter.

So I should use a 10 ft cord going to the transmitter and also use a 10 footer from the receiver to the first LOR controller? My setup is just using the wireless controllers to go from inside a building to outside about 500 feet away.

P.S. And both controllers should be about 8 feet up in the air? That may look odd since the receiver is going to be in an open field. LOL