Light-O-Rama Forums

Stuck installing LOR software...h e l p !

Guest guest

I am installing the LOR software on a new PC. It's been a while since I have done this so maybe I am doing something really stupid, but my first install went fine.

My file is named LORinstall5a13.exe. When I try to do the installation, it gets to where it is "copying files,Processing hhctrl.ocx (2 of 2)" then I get this error message:" Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on your system. Click OK if you would like setup to update these files for you. You will need to restart windows before you can run setup again."

I click OK, then I get the message "Do you want to restart Windows now? If you choose 'no' you will not be able to run setuop again until windows is rebooted at a later time." I click YES, the system reboots, I try the installation again, and get the same error message about out of date system files.

So right now I am stuck.... Any suggestions appreciated.

Additional info:

I have installed the drivers for the USB interface. I have installed tghe demo version of LOR with no problems. I can run the hardware utility and test the card, no problems. I have tried stopping all other applications prior to running the install, per the wiki, no help.

-jim-

Jim,

What version of Windows are you running... if Running 2k or XP are you making sure that you are trying to install from an account in the administrators group??

Just my thoughts and my opinions...

I am running XP SP2. My initial attempt was before loading the demo. Then I loaded the demo and it installed fine. Then I re-tried the full version, with same error.

I saw the wiki entry from the mentioned thread re stopping all other applications, and tried that, but same result.

-jim-

Although you have already tried this it is the major cause of the problem.

Download the install file to your desktop. Then stop everything... Check the TaskMgr for applications still running and stop them. Stop things on the system tray....

Then double click the install file on the desktop.

LightORama wrote:

Although you have already tried this it is the major cause of the problem.

Download the install file to your desktop. Then stop everything... Check the TaskMgr for applications still running and stop them. Stop things on the system tray....

Then double click the install file on the desktop.

All applications were stopped, but there are a couple of system tray utilities that can't be stopped. Do you know of any tasks in particular that might interfere? Is the 'full' install that much different from the demo install?

I will try it again, but in any case, this isn't a critical issue since this isn't the machine I will be running LOR fron normally, it's just the most convenient one in terms of testing hardware.