Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 demo version question

scubado

When S3 comes out, will Superstar be part of the demo version? I would like to try out S3 and the Superstar software to determine what level of software I want or need to upgrade to. What features besides not being able to actually control lights will not be allowed in demo version?

where is the s3 demo at or is it just for beta testers ??
would like to see it and start to get used to it

john fulkerson wrote:

where is the s3 demo at or is it just for beta testers ??
would like to see it and start to get used to it

The first S3 beta was released to beta testers yesterday.

Myself and others have said this for years. Don't wait on a new version to begin sequencing. Start now.

Historically, whats been the beta testing timeframe?

I'd expect it to be significantly longer for a major relase like this compared to a point release, but would be a good indication of when the software may see the light of day.

And if the plan is to have it available for the summer sale, points toward August for the sale to take place.

DonFL wrote:

Historically, whats been the beta testing timeframe?

I'd expect it to be significantly longer for a major relase like this compared to a point release, but would be a good indication of when the software may see the light of day.

And if the plan is to have it available for the summer sale, points toward August for the sale to take place.

The software has never been on sale. I wouldn't tie the release of the software to the sale date. (For example: If they held off on the sale during the release of S2, the sale wouldn't have happened until November.)

As for testing time frames ... I don't recall how long S2 was in beta. I couldn't venture a guess on how long S3 will be in beta.

• 2 weeks later...

Don wrote:

You can still download the demo version of the Superstar Sequence Editor and see what the software is like.

As for it being available in the S3 Demo, and what features ... those are Dan questions.

http://www.superstarlights.com/

Personally I feel until S3 is "OFFICIALLY RELEASED" then the author of the SuperStar software should be allowed to continue to offer a stand alone version of the software.

I don't have any CCR's or RGB's yet, but I've been playing with the SS software and it's somewhat unfair to those that need this very nice program to get their CCR's or RGB's programmed so much easier. This is why some folks are eagerly awaiting the S3 software for that very reason, they not only want, but may currently need the SS software to set up their CCR's or other RGB type lights, and since S3 is NOT yet available, puts these folks in a holding pattern for the S3 release.

Just know if I was in the market to purchase some CCR's and wanted a great program to do it with, there isn't one readily available since the advent of the S3 software has stopped the sale of the SS software at this time. So I'd say that's a little unfair to keep the SS author from continuing to sell his easy to use interface software until S3 is readily available to everyone.

Just my opinion.

Orville,

The demo version of the Super Star is available. I've used it to work on some of my sequences, prior to the S3 software.

And I'm sure that anyone that had any interest in the Super Star software has done the same.

I wanted to be up to speed with it, when it is released.

EDIT: Back in June of 2009 when the CCR was first announced, many of us placed our orders. The only software at that time was ver 2.3.6 which did not offer any RGB support. We went ahead and starting updating our sequences the hard way channel by channel, pixel by pixel. We didn't receive our CCRs until mid to late October.

No one should be waiting on S3 software to start their sequences, there are plenty of ways to do it now!

JBullard wrote:

Orville,

The demo version of the Super Star is available. I've used it to work on some of my sequences, prior to the S3 software.

And I'm sure that anyone that had any interest in the Super Star software has done the same.

EDIT: Back in June of 2009 when the CCR was first announced, many of us placed our orders. The only software at that time was ver 2.3.6 which did not offer any RGB support. We went ahead and starting updating our sequences the hard way channel by channel, pixel by pixel. We didn't receive our CCRs until mid to late October.

No one should be waiting on S3 software to start their sequences, there are plenty of ways to do it now!

Yes, I do have the SS demo and been playing around with it. Is there another software that is just as user friendly out there that can do this too?

I have some stand-alone RGB L.E.D.'s I purchased for experimenting with in models and for automotive use, but after playing with the SS Demo, got me thinking I may want to try and build something for my Holiday display(s) instead.

I can see why so many prefer and love the SS software, but you can't save or do anything in the demo version, so it's basically useless for someone until S3 is released or they find another program that'll work just as well and, again, be as user friendly as the SS demo software.

So if there is another program out here, someone point me to it! And I'll check it out, hopefully it has a demo function to try it out before you buy it. At least I'd prefer to have that option to know if the software would suit my purpose and ease of use.

Thank you!

Orville wrote:

JBullard wrote:
Orville,

Yes, I do have the SS demo and been playing around with it. Is there another software that is just as user friendly out there that can do this too?

I have some stand-alone RGB L.E.D.'s I purchased for experimenting with in models and for automotive use, but after playing with the SS Demo, got me thinking I may want to try and build something for my Holiday display(s) instead.

I can see why so many prefer and love the SS software, but you can't save or do anything in the demo version, so it's basically useless for someone until S3 is released or they find another program that'll work just as well and, again, be as user friendly as the SS demo software.

So if there is another program out here, someone point me to it! And I'll check it out, hopefully it has a demo function to try it out before you buy it. At least I'd prefer to have that option to know if the software would suit my purpose and ease of use.

Thank you!

You can try out LSP, and let us know how it works for what you want it to do.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Greg Young wrote:
You can try out LSP, and let us know how it works for what you want it to do.

Spare me. There's enough static here already...

Jeff

I couldn't resist! :):D:D:D:D:D

Orville wrote:

Don wrote:
You can still download the demo version of the Superstar Sequence Editor and see what the software is like.

As for it being available in the S3 Demo, and what features ... those are Dan questions.

http://www.superstarlights.com/

Personally I feel until S3 is "OFFICIALLY RELEASED" then the author of the SuperStar software should be allowed to continue to offer a stand alone version of the software.

I don't have any CCR's or RGB's yet, but I've been playing with the SS software and it's somewhat unfair to those that need this very nice program to get their CCR's or RGB's programmed so much easier. This is why some folks are eagerly awaiting the S3 software for that very reason, they not only want, but may currently need the SS software to set up their CCR's or other RGB type lights, and since S3 is NOT yet available, puts these folks in a holding pattern for the S3 release.

Just know if I was in the market to purchase some CCR's and wanted a great program to do it with, there isn't one readily available since the advent of the S3 software has stopped the sale of the SS software at this time. So I'd say that's a little unfair to keep the SS author from continuing to sell his easy to use interface software until S3 is readily available to everyone.

Just my opinion.

Clicking the "LIKE" button!