Light-O-Rama Forums

Found 0 Units

Guest guest

I've been using 8 LOR 16 channel units for a few weeks now and everything has been working flawlessly. But this week I've suddenly been having the problem where the LOR Hardware Utility can not find any of the units. I'm not sure what has caused the sudden problem. I am using the Serial-to-Cat5 adaptor. I've also already reset the units with no successful resolution to the problem. Does anyone have a clue as to what could be causing this?

dcraig wrote:

I've been using 8 LOR 16 channel units for a few weeks now and everything has been working flawlessly. But this week I've suddenly been having the problem where the LOR Hardware Utility can not find any of the units. I'm not sure what has caused the sudden problem. I am using the Serial-to-Cat5 adaptor. I've also already reset the units with no successful resolution to the problem. Does anyone have a clue as to what could be causing this?

Try updating your hardware utility... http://www.lightorama.com/support.html

dcraig wrote:

I would check the COM port connection. Are you plugged into the right one? Also check the cable between the adapter and the 1st board. Are the LED on the boards solid or flashing? Did you try rebooting the PC?

Dcraig:

I have one board that the hardware ulity never finds even though it gets a signal from the computer. I too have done all the updates that I can, and it still does it. You can type in the board number in the hardware ulity screen, then test a board that way if needed.

If you are not getting any signal to your boards, I would check the connections from the computer to the first board. Work from there first. If board #1 is not getting a signal, there is something wrong with the connector / the cat5 cable / or your serial port.

Problem remains.

I updated the Hardware Utility but the problem remains.

The light in the units stay on "solid" when connected to the COM port with the HU running so I know the software is communicating with the units. The only problem is that the Hardware Utility does not think it see the units.

Thanks to everyone for any helpful responses.

So-you are saying that the show works and that the boards are getting the commands, but you can not find them through the Hardware Utility when you refresh the units? Dan told me that you can just type in the board number like (1) (2) (3) in the box were it would list the units at. I use this each night before the show to test to make sure all the lights work.

As for my unit. Board #3 is not seen all the time. If I wiggle the plug from board #2 go to #3 it works sometimes. Strange.

dcraig wrote:

I updated the Hardware Utility but the problem remains.

I agree with the previous post about the hardware utility rev. Your problem is behaving just like the utility needs an update. When I revved my boards, everything worked but the hardware utility couldn't detect the boards. You said you did it... but did you use the update from the LOR website located at the bottom of this page? It's the most current.

jeff

Jeff-

I did install the Hardware Utility from the LOR web site just as you mention. Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem. I am replacing the Serial-Cat5 adapter to see if this is the culprit.

Thanks