Light-O-Rama Forums

My 4th of July Show

andyzito

I posted this in the Coffee House before the creation of this forum. This isn't a shameless repost. :) Just want to post my video and instructions for my fireworks in the proper forum for future members. I've learned everything i know from these forums and i enjoy giving back!

Full Show Video:

http://www.vimeo.com/26111191

Close Up of fireworks:

http://www.youtube.com/christmaslunatic#p/u/5/JJ4fUlR3R0E

Attached are instructions on building fireworks....ask away if you have questions.

az

Attached files Firework Instructions.pdf

Andy, that is nothing short of STUNNING! I'd be interested not so much in the fireworks (although it was a nice touch ) but more in the water jets in the foreground of the show.

-Gary-

Andy... stunning, just stunning.. evey aspect of it.. from the water jets, to the flag stripes in front, from the light fireworks, to the real fireworks! This shouldda been on tv!

I like the person climbing on the roof during Willam Tell. Just kidding, Great job.

Andy that is a FANTASTIC job! Best 4th of July light show I have seen. Where do you live? I would have like to have seen that.

PLEASE...tell us about those water jets. That would be so cool to do in a show!!!

Robert
Fayetteville,GA

fountains were super simple....get a bunch of 24v irrigation valves, like for underground sprinkler systems.....find em at Home Depot for like $12 per.

Do up your PVC plumbing....in my case i had 1 long manifold with one 3/4" input connector and 6 3/4" outputs. Each outlet went to an irrigation valve, then out the other side of the valve to the nozzle (which was just a simple jet nozzle - again find at home depot).

Then i just ran my regular hose to a 750gpm pump and then connected that pump to a commercial grade hose which i ran to the input port. The pump kept about 90psi in the system at all times ( i put a relief valve set to 90psi to bleed off any additional pressure and avoid rupture. ) So what i've got now is a system where there is 90psi being held back by the 6 irrigation valves. Then you just need a way to trigger those. Enter the relay boards from LOR. Connect a 24v source to the relay board, wire each valve into a separate channel on the relay board and voila....trigger the relay, which opens the valve, which releases the 90psi.

What you'll notice about my fountains is that all the jets never stay on long...because the pressure dies pretty quickly. It was my first round, i shall improve it.

There are other things i learned along the way, PM me if you endeavor on this and i'll share some knowledge...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im new to all this and just stumbled upon this post. those water jest were amazing. Im thinking maybe up here in Canada at christmas would be cool the water would turn to ice crystals in the cold air. good make for a great affect.

• 2 weeks later...

I too like your water works.

I am working on something similar using compressed air to power the water. I am hoping to be able to throttle it so I can get a narrow jet or broad blast or mist.

How did you waterproof your spotlights?

Thanks!

TJ

• 2 weeks later...