Light-O-Rama Forums

Post a picture of your Animation Window in LOR

Guest guest

SVO4Turbo wrote:

There are actually 4 colors on all of the gables, and they are all C9 lights. I've always liked the way they look on roof peaks. I just zip tied 4 c9 strings together, each it's own color. So with their normal spacing of 12 inches, 4 strings gives me a bulb about every 3 inches.

Thanks for the Kudos!

oh! i see it now. wow, they're so bright when they're all on together. i've only used mini lights and LEDs so far - the C9s really are a great effect.

j

Possible thread hijack, I appologise in advance.

I am having trouble with my animations. If I don't complete a sequence, I often just get a black screen with no squares for pixels and no animation. I can't figure out how to open the animation.

Robin wrote:

I don't use it. Takes too much time.
Robin,

You don't use the animation window? That's amazing... I don't think I could visualize my sequences without it.

What would take too much time? You only have to lay it out once unless your display changes frequently. Or do you just have so many channels it would take forever to lay it out?

Cheers,
Push Eject

288 channels this year.

Actually I did a couple last year but honestly just can't get into that fill in the square thing. I don't draw out my display either just know it in my head and it changes every year. What I usually do is keep walking the property during December and decide what and how I am going to do things the following year.

This year I did make a notebook with a list of everything for each controller.

If you have read about my wireframe builds you will notice this is not unusual.

Well would be nice except I don't know who you are and robogeek just doesn't cut it.

Besides I haven't left this county in quite some time as work is always calling when you own your own business.

Robin wrote:

Well would be nice except I don't know who you are and robogeek just doesn't cut it.

Well would RoboNerd or RoboDork be better. I might prefer RoboNerd as now I can sing Wierd Al's Song White and Nerdy, It suits me well.

Besides I haven't left this county in quite some time as work is always calling when you own your own business.
My wife and I travel lots. We rarely are in the same county for the entire week. I guess thats where we are different.

An idea I came up with before using my Animation Window...

Take a picture of your home and open it up in an editing program. Cut and paste images of your displays onto this picture, so you can move them around and get a visual with a click of the mouse. When you're satisfied, then open up your Animation Window and fill in your squares.

My top and bottom rows of icicle lights are on two channels, my mini trees each have their own channel, and I have my runway lights on another channel.

I made the Toy Soldiers out of plywood, the same with the other displays. You can't quite see, because the lights are not on, but there is a 12 foot Christmas tree with 1800 clear lights sitting in the front living room.

Attached files 89729=5411-ChristmasFutureAnimation.JPG

I haven't fooled around with that LOR feature since I just got started using the software just two months ago and really needed to get on my music sequences.

I might try to fool with it now that most of my music is done.

Does each little sqaure represent a channel?

John Pidliskey wrote:

Does each little sqaure represent a channel?

Acutally each little square represents whatever channel you want it to you have to paint them in like a picture, and in the end you have a nice visualization that helps you sequence your music. It helps emmensly if you draw your animation window accurately enough to picture your house. and then when you play back your sequences you get to see much more what they look like than just seeing them on a the grid.

Here's mine. One window (two panes), a dancing santa on one pane, and a person playing guitar on the other. The characters don't look like blobs when the channels are firing in the right order. 40 channels, 2300 lights, 8 electric candles.

window1.jpg

ssdf

• 2 weeks later...

This is my screen/layout - enjoy!

48 Channels

Song List (All TSO):

1 Requiem (the Fifth)
2 O Come All Ye Faithful/O Holy Night
3 A Mad Russian's Christmas
4 Queen Of The Winter Night
5 Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24
6 Wizards In Winter

Total Time 21:40 with 8:20 filler animation (repeat every 1/2 hour).

Attached files 97099=5854-Sequence WindowS.jpg