Light-O-Rama Forums

Post a picture of your Animation Window in LOR

Guest guest

this is my first christmas, too. i'm doing 16 channels for my boyfriend's dad's house.

the scribble at the top represents icicle lights on the eves; then there're three trees that get mini lights on the trunks; and we made six red and white mini trees (from left over tomato cages - just turn them upside down and make a point at the top!)

this is too much fun to see everyone's animations!

-joules

Attached files 87612=5300-mahanay house copy.jpg

This is my first year trying an animated display.
Here is my 16 channel screen shot.
The roof line icicle lights are divided into 3 channels.

The red, green, and blue squares are windows and the vertical lines next to the windows are posts on the porch.

I have 5 channels of lawn lights (red green blue) and a few trees divided into 3 channels.

Attached files 87677=5312-LOR screen shot.jpg

RichardH wrote:

Nice design Robogeek. Where where you when they were designing Atari 2600 games? They could have used your help.

I was Playing them, Considering I was born around the time the 2600 came out.

Here's my 16-Channel Configuration

1. House Outline
  2. Master Window
  3. Master Window - Green
  4. Window 2
  5. Window 2 - Green
  6. Window 3
  7. Window 3 - Green
  8. Window 4
  9. Window 4 - Green
  10. Front Window
  11. Column 1
  12. Column 2
  13. Column 3
  14. Large Spiral
  15. Medium Spiral
  16. Small Spiral

So far, I've synched:

1. Trans-Siberian Orchestra -- Christmas Eve Sarajevo
  2. Barenaked Ladies -- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
  3. Disney's Philharmonic Orchestra -- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

And three-quarters done with SheDaisy's Deck the Halls.

Take care!

Paul

Attached files 88122=5327-My LOR House Outline.JPG

This is mine, you will notice that it is a little sloppy. I dont use the animation very much so I dont need a perfect drawing. I have the three floods in the yard and the mailbox downright.

animation.jpg

--Daniel L

Here is my 16 channel animation. The eight trees are representative of 16 mini-trees, each with a string of clear, green and red lights. The red and green vertical lines represent lights hung vertically on the trunk of two giant oak trees that flank the yard. The white diamond represents a tree in our courtyard that will be covered with icicle strands. And the inverted V and lines represent icicles running across the front of our house. This is my first year, so I look forward to seeing the real thing live.

Attached files 88355=5331-LOR Animation 16 Channels.JPG

AnimationWindow06.jpg

Along the top are both multi and white icicles. The red sleigh represents both that and the 5 reindeer in front of it. The vertical lines are the house outline (strands of multis on the corners of the house). The blue tree represents my LEDs. Those are ornaments hanging from the branches. The multicolored tree is made up of 700 lights in each of 6 colors (4200 lights in all). Back to the far left are 3 spiral trees, white, green, and blue. Candy canes and lumenarias are just below them. In the center is the mega tree. 4 channels of multi and one channel of white which includes the star. Surrounding that are 12 mini trees. Next to those are the netlights on the bushes. The snowman represents the blowmolds. The Seasons Greetings sign is on the side of the house.

Here's a shot of the mega tree with channels 2 and 4 turned off, and 1, 3, and white turned on to give you a better idea how I draw the channels:

MegaTreeAnimation06.jpg

16 Channel LOR n00b

The horizontal/diagnol lines are rope lights that outline the roof.

The splotches of red and white under the 5-pane bay window are red and white spot lights, as is the red outline around the tree trunk (red spotlight -- see my download on my profile).

Not pictured: star on upper roof peak, and blue spot lights on upper roof.

loras.jpg

Also not pictured...candles in windows and coach lights, all controlled via X10.

Hi! Newbie here with 48 channels. Sometimes I think I should have heeded the conventional wisdom and start small, but then I couldn't match the picture in head to only 16 channels so....I jumped in with both feet!:shock: Below is my animation window.

The lower right corner has an angel (yellow thing), a nativity set with a spotlight (white thing) and the radio sign (purple thing).

Songs include:
Run, Run, Rudolph - Jimmy Buffet
What is Christmas - TSO
Linus Soliloquoy
For The Sake of Our Brothers - TSO
Queen of the Winter Night - TSO

10 days to go!:waycool:

Sally

Attached files 88434=5334-animationGrid-sm.jpg

SVO4Turbo wrote:

Here is my display. 64 channels.

You can see a snippet of it in action at my website. Link in sig.

nice! The white outlines for the gables look great. what lights did you use for that?

-joules

There are actually 4 colors on all of the gables, and they are all C9 lights. I've always liked the way they look on roof peaks. I just zip tied 4 c9 strings together, each it's own color. So with their normal spacing of 12 inches, 4 strings gives me a bulb about every 3 inches.

Thanks for the Kudos!