Light-O-Rama Forums

New Showtime Controller Photo from PLUS

Randy

Here is a photo of the new Showtime controller / housing that was on display at PLUS...The new models will come with a digital display to indicate the unit number...

Attached files 251041=13636-showtime.jpg

Here is a photo of the new controller that was on display at PLUS...It has headers that make it expandable to 32 channels. It also has built-in circuitry to better deal with LED ghost loads...

Attached files 251043=13637-newboard.jpg

I somehow missed the new Showtime controller while I was there. All the showtime devices I saw where screwed shut- We even teased about opening one with a pocket screw driver I had. I really like how the ID can be set with buttons and LED display built in.

Thanks Randy for the pics.

So all the unit id switches are gone. I am assuming that when you get the address with your computer it will be displayed on the LED display?

Guest wbottomley

You can purchase the display board separately. I wonder if a person can connect the display and set the address of that unit out in the field?

Time to email Dan and twist some ears.

Well this reminds me a lot of the Lynx Express. The beauty of those is how easy it is to set the address in the field. Because you can't use those boards commerically I would really like it if LOR had a way of doing the same thing. The board basically becomes the Express now with the display, dimming curves and ghost loads.

Guest wbottomley

cmoore60 wrote:

I spoke with Dan in regards to the display board. He did state that the address could be set via the display board as well as the computer.

Chuck

That's what I'm talking about. Life is good... sometimes.

wbottomley wrote:

cmoore60 wrote:
I spoke with Dan in regards to the display board. He did state that the address could be set via the display board as well as the computer.

Chuck

That's what I'm talking about. Life is good... sometimes.

You can use one display board to set the address on all your boards by using a ribbon cable and connecting to each board as you go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

joshjens wrote:

The image is corrupted for some reason. Can you fix it? Thanks.

by "corrupted" do you mean you can't view it?

because I can see it just fine...

It seems to be working now. It was just showing a red x the first time I came in this thread. The second photo was showing just fine so I figured that the first photo was corrupted. Now it is working though. Thanks.