Light-O-Rama Forums

Win 7 changing the video

Greg Young

I have a HP Pavillion laptop, which came with WinXP installed. I ran LOR (2.9.4) with video (using wmp files) on it last year without any issues.

I reformatted and installed Win 7 2 weeks ago. Reinstalled LOR. Everything works, except the video window. The video in that window is playing in slow motion, and lags behind the music. The music itself, and the actual sequence with all of its timings are unchanged and on the mark, so there is no need to skew the sequence.

The laptop always has had a NVida card with enough RAM on it, and nothing has changed except for the OS. I am using the latest version of WMP and Explorer (9) that Win 7 recommended.

It seems to be a video issue, but I am not sure why the video is playing at a different speed than the audio, as we are talking a wmp file. I assume it is a glitch either with Win 7, or the latest version of wmp.

Has anyone running video in their display encountered this issue?

Greg

I too am running an HP Pavilion laptop but have no video problems.

Any other video issues? Have you updated the video driver? Have you updated DirectX?

Hi Greg!

I have no other video issues. The only other issues since the installation of Win 7 are that it doesn't see the 2 built in mikes (it keeps looking for external ones), and the fingerpirnt reader won't function - It successfully registers my first 2 passes during setup, but on the third, no matter what finger I use it says it fails...

I have all the latest updates - and here is the punch line - yesterday there were 4 more updates that win 7 automatically installed. Following these the video problem with LOR disappeared! Interestingly none of them involved wmp, or direct X so you got me....

I rebooted the laptop twice since then just to be sure, and everything in LOR works perfectly as before... go figure!

Greg

• 11 months later...

Greg Young wrote:

I have a HP Pavillion laptop, which came with WinXP installed. I ran LOR (2.9.4) with video (using wmp files) on it last year without any issues.

I reformatted and installed Win 7 2 weeks ago. Reinstalled LOR. Everything works, except the video window. The video in that window is playing in slow  motion, and lags behind the music. The music itself, and the actual sequence with all of its timings are unchanged and on the mark, so there is no need to skew the sequence.

The laptop always has had a NVida card with enough RAM on it, and nothing has changed except for the OS. I am using the latest version of WMP and Explorer (9) that Win 7 recommended.

It seems to be a video issue, but I am not sure why the video is playing at a different speed than the audio, as we are talking a wmp file. I assume it is a glitch either with Win 7, or the latest version of wmp.

Has anyone running video in their display encountered this issue?

Greg

Not sure how this post came out under my sig, as it was not my post! Something apparently was incorrectly edited.

Yesterday, I was editing a video with windows live movie maker, and playback kept stalling. I installed movie maker 2.6, which was an update for vista, and it works fine for editing on my computer running windows 7. I haven't tried testing with a projector or 2'nd screen, and be a while before I can. Thought I'd post this if somebody else wants to try before I get to it.

• 1 month later...

Were the updates that fixed the problem (tho not video updates) maybe power mgmnt or the like? Might've been a cpu-sharing-thingy