Top Posters In This Topic

• rstately

• jimswinder

• Max-Paul

• David Rise

Guest Don Gillespie

Max-Paul wrote:

Everybody wants to be a wise guy. :cool:

A wise guy ya say :P:P well with sardine breath I wouldn't want to get to close for yer wisdom LOL :P

shfr26 wrote:

jldavis1969 wrote:
I had an e-mail stating the sale was the week of July 18th. I just did not have the money to participate in it.

I bought two controllers and two CCR's that week!

I also got some strobes and a few trash bags of lights too. :P

I'm not sure I can wait much longer. I want to use DMX this year and I need some time to play with the stuff ahead of time. Figured the sale would have already happened by now. Between that and the contest announcement, it sure would be nice to get a quick forum update as to what is going on. I know they are working on software too, but I don't know if anyone will be able to really use it this year as people with big displays probably needed to start sequencing like yesterday. If this sounds like complaining, it's really not. Just starting to get concerned......

Joe Noe wrote:

I'm not sure I can wait much longer. I want to use DMX this year and I need some time to play with the stuff ahead of time. Figured the sale would have already happened by now. Between that and the contest announcement, it sure would be nice to get a quick forum update as to what is going on. I know they are working on software too, but I don't know if anyone will be able to really use it this year as people with big displays probably needed to start sequencing like yesterday. If this sounds like complaining, it's really not. Just starting to get concerned......

Hey Joe -

The old timers don't let not having the latest announced software version hold them up. We sequence with what we have. Many will continue to use the current software through the lighting season, and only upgrade after lights out in January. This ensures that the lighting platform in use is stable and has no bugs that will affect the display. So, if you've been waiting for S3, the best advice is to get sequencing with S2 now...

D.T.

I agree with Dave (and have long said the same thing.) If you're waiting on new software before you start sequencing ... stop waiting and get started. As we've seen with previous versions of the LOR software, anything you've done with previous versions are compatible with the current version.

OH...OH...

Can't connect to the main LOR site. Could this be it? Are they updating, getting ready for the big sale?

RATS! Finally came up. Guess that wasn't it.

There are at least 4 separate threads dealing with the summer sale.
If you are waiting on the sale to make changes in sequences figuring on going the S3 route, as others have said, you are making a mistake. Get going on your sequences using S2. Remember that it's now less than 4 months until display season starts!
If you want to be among the first to find out about the sale, make sure you have signed up for their email notification.
Based on previous experiences, you will find out that way sooner, rather than asking questions on the forum.
Also, as the beta testers are working with LOR3, it should be apparent that will not likely be ready before the end of the month sale.

Greg Young wrote:

Also, as the beta testers are working with LOR3, it should be apparent that will not likely be ready before the end of the month sale.

What?

They can't test the other 16 hours in the day they are not at their REAL jobs and have it tested in a few days?

Slackers... :)

jimswinder wrote:

Greg Young wrote:

What?

They can't test the other 16 hours in the day they are not at their REAL jobs and have it tested in a few days?

Slackers...  :)

I don't ever remember the software being on sale, so S3 has nothing to do with the summer sale.

The programmers are hard at work on bug fixes and improvements the beta testers are finding. Anything that you do in S2 will just transfer into S3, so no need to be waiting.

jimswinder wrote:

Greg Young wrote:

What?

Slackers...  :)

Hey Jim,
If the secret February sale was in March, Then the June/July "Summer sale" will be in August/September... So don't worry, S3 will be out by then. Right? :shock:

rstately wrote:

Hey Jim,
If the secret February sale was in March, Then the June/July "Summer sale" will be in August/September... So don't worry, S3 will be out by then. Right? :shock:

I'm not worried...

I'm screwed no matter WHEN it comes out!!!! :)

jimswinder wrote:

rstately wrote:
Hey Jim,

I'm not worried...

I'm screwed no matter WHEN it comes out!!!!  :)

I'm going to order as many CCB's as I can afford, but I'm not getting my hopes up about what I do with them this year. I know it will be a big learning curve for me with the new software. ( I'm a little slow on top of that!)
I just plan on finishing what I wanted to do last year, and go from there...:D

rstately wrote:

I just plan on finishing what I wanted to do last year, and go from there...:D

Finish???

Does this insanity ever get "finished"???

Next year Dan and Co. will come out with another "drug" to keep us hooked! :cool:

DownTown wrote:

Joe Noe wrote:

Hey Joe -

The old timers don't let not having the latest announced software version hold them up. We sequence with what we have. Many will continue to use the current software through the lighting season, and only upgrade after lights out in January. This ensures that the lighting platform in use is stable and has no bugs that will affect the display. So, if you've been waiting for S3, the best advice is to get sequencing with S2 now...

D.T.

While I do agree with you, I had extra high hopes to be able to use some of the new RGB functionality that's been discussed as well as the super star integration. I know there are others with more channels, but sequencing 8 CCR's plus whatever I add on this year really makes the new functionality appealing...almost so much so that I was willing to take the chance with the new version for this year's show.

Also, I was hoping to use the new DMX Dongles that have been discussed as opposed to ordering an iDMX. I don't know if the dongles will replace iDMX or not, which would help me make the call. If I could use the iDMX indefinately, then it really doesn't matter I guess. I also read stuff about S3 having native DMX over ethernet support, although I don't really know everything about it as I'm just venturing into DMX. Indoor display makes that much more feasible now.

P.S. - Does "Old Timer" refer to age or years of show...after all, I am in my 6th season.... :D