Light-O-Rama Forums

Network setting...where do you set it

CK57

Ok setting the unit ID is no big deal, but where can you change the network setting for a unit? Is this hidden within the hardware utility or will the unit id alone find the correct network?

Sequence Editor.

Open the sequence, Tools (I think) and Channel Property Grid. You can set the network from there.

I follow and have done that previously. That tells the program sequence where to send the commands. The question is how the hardware knows what the other networks are other than an id unit XX, you have multiple network settings. As I may have set this to Auxillary A in the sequence editor, how does the hardware (CCR) know that is a part of auxillary A , unit XX and not unit XX of Auxilary B. I have set up in the sequence editor Network 1, Aux A, B, C and I plan to keep the channel count of each network below 600 channels. Sorry I am not following the logic on how the CCR is supposed to match up to the proper network command?

OK I follow that, my problem at this point is that I do not have all the USB adapters, thus without all the adapters I am spinning my wheels. Thanks for clarification. So in reality you need to have all the USB adapters hooked up and running just like you plan on running your display. You cannot assign anything without them. Nice little detail that need to make a note of.

• 1 year later...

As of today, the world now has one more 12 CCR Superstar! And it took me some thought to figure out this topic. I chose to use 3 networks for my show. One is called "Regular", one is called "Aux A" and one is called "Aux B" I don't get to pick the names. What I had overlooked was that I needed to run the LOR Network Configuration utility. It is with this utility that you identify which comm ports are associated with "Aux A" and "Aux B" I don't know how to do this with the Hardware Utility. In the hardware utility you can specify which comm port is associated with "Regular" only.

Then all the other comments about the Channel Property grid apply. Since I was using the Superstar Sequencer, the Channel Property grid was already correctly set for me.

Woo hoo! I've been working on this display element for months and I get to see it tonight!

• The topic was locked