Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with CTB-16D

Guest guest

I am having issues with a CT16 board. I e-mailed Dan and Mary but thought I would post here also since they are so busy. Channels 1-9 on this controller worked normally through set up. I wasn't using 10 -16 at the time. I added a couple of items to channel 10 and 11 and discovered the out put on channels 10 -16 was only 90 VAC. Input is 120 VAC with 120 vac on the leg of the triac. Used Hardware utility to troubleshoot and now I only get 90 vac on all channels. Sequencing works and everything else behaves normally. I upgraded the firmware, did the "00" reset but I still only get 90 VAC. Intensity is set to 100% as well in the Hardware utility, which also was updated. Any thoughts would be appreciated....uh....helpful thoughts:D.

Thanks,

Marshall

radiomarsh wrote:

Input is 120 VAC with 120 vac on the leg of the triac. Used Hardware utility to troubleshoot and now I only get 90 vac on all channels. Sequencing works and everything else behaves normally.

Are you trying to measure the output of a triac with no load attached? If yes, this will give a low reading. The triac requires a minimum load, at least a few watts. Do the test with a string of mini-lights plugged in.

How embarrassing. That was the problem! When I built my old controllers I always had an indicator light to load the triac. The low voltage was only occurring on channels with a 110V SSR so the SSR wouldn't fire. Duh...

Thanks for your help. As always an answer can be found on the forum here.

Marshall