Light-O-Rama Forums

North Texas welders, need help

Arnoldc

I am needing to make a 5' dia wreath, I have planned to make it out of steel rod, and in 4 segments. The problem is, well I don't know how to weld/have the tools to weld/or know anyone who knows how to weld. I have completed drawings of what I'm wanting. If there is anyone out there that can help me, please speak up!!

Arnold

I didn't know how to weld, but I had a cheap Chinese motion wireframe doe that broke the first year because the loop that connects to the motor was only welded on one side, and that defect was painted over.

The wireframe was cheap, but I figured this was a good thing to learn and practice on, so I spent about $50 for a MAPP welding kit at Home Depot. Being a novice, the repair doesn't look pretty, but after painting, no one will notice. It has lasted 2 seasons since my repair.

You don't know how to weld now, but you can learn, and if you have patience, you can teach yourself.

Dennis, Don, and Fabian, thank you so much! Got ahold of Micheal last night, and got the wreath figured out. Also, I didn't realize how close we really are to each other! Gotta get together and talk lights one day!

• 2 months later...

I got my wreath structure today! It is 5' dia. And divided into 4 pieces for storage. Mike did an awsome job with this. Plus hr showed me some other cool stuff. I will be going back to him next year!

Attached files 262203=14532-2011-09-05 15.22.39.jpg

Jeff Millard wrote:

Dennis Cherry wrote:
Michael made these rings for me last year.

Does Michael deliver to New Jersey? Your circles are the one indulgence I wanted to try to make this year... but failed miserably...

Jeff

There has to be someone in New Jersey with a ring roller.