Light-O-Rama Forums

started testing - BIG Problem

Guest guest

well, finished seting up the lights and started to test each sequence. since i have 2 lor 1602w boxes, i put one on each end of the house so i didnt have to run a million extension cords across the house, naturally i had to go in and change the config of my channels so the lights are assigned to the proper channels.

now for me problem. i noticed that now that i have imported the new config to each sequence, ch 16 of box 2 turns on and stays on untill it recieves a differnt signal. if the channel isnt used in the song then it stays on from begining to the end.

any thoughts on how to correct?:(

Does the light go off when you turn the computer off ? I have 4 new 1602s and have a channel that sticks on, even when the PC is turned off. It's at about half intensity most of the time, but when a sequence is running and that channel comes on, ti goes to full intensity, and then when that channel is programmed to go back off, it goes back to about half intensity. The fix is to ship it back to LOR for repairs. They would prefer that I wait until after Christmas, which I'm happy to do, since i have a couple of extra channels that are not used among the 64.

D.T.

I can tell you that based on my experience with this issue after seven controller builds, it is probably a bad triac or opto, but the triac seems to be the culprit. I had one channel do the same and since I built them from kits I just spoke with Dan and he gladly sent me the parts, I replaced the triac first and what do you know, we're up and running!! I would rate the Light-O-Rama customer service and support as th ebest I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with and I have already sent them 10 more controller purchases from friends as a result. Anyway, if you are capable of soldering and can get the triac from them, I suppose that you could fix it quickly, but there may be a warranty issue for you working on the prebuilt kits? Hope this helps.

Doug

well, not exactly the answers i wanted to hear, was really looking for the "oh thats easy, just turn the finigan pin and all will be well" but i guess since were quickly closing in on Christmas that cant be a reality.

im happy to say that i have 1 extra channel "for just such an emergency". actually i had a bush die this year so one less to decorate. so if i have to i will run a 100' cord from box one to replace the broken channel and deal with it after Christmas

would love to have dans take on the problem

fdny260 wrote:

well, finished seting up the lights and started to test each sequence. since i have 2 lor 1602w boxes, i put one on each end of the house so i didnt have to run a million extension cords across the house, naturally i had to go in and change the config of my channels so the lights are assigned to the proper channels.

now for me problem. i noticed that now that i have imported the new config to each sequence, ch 16 of box 2 turns on and stays on untill it recieves a differnt signal. if the channel isnt used in the song then it stays on from begining to the end.

any thoughts on how to correct?:(

It sounds like the channel does go off sometimes and if that is true it is most likely not a Triac or Opto.

Try a reset: Power off; Set Unit ID to "00"; Power on for a few seconds.... Then power off and set back to the original Unit ID value.

ok, i tried resetting the box, no go still does it, right now im correcting the problem by adding an event at .02 sec in the show and giving it a down fade so it flashes a brief sec before the show starts. since it has received a command its good for the rest of the show.

i though it might be a sequence prob but it does it on every sequence i have.

any other ideas how to fix it?

just wondering, since its the second box in the line, do i have to disconnect it for box 1 when i reset it?

Hello,

I'm having a similar problem. I have a board that channel 8 goes on and off for about 3 minutes of my sequence, then it comes on, and stays on for the remaining 2 1/2 minutes of my sequence. I thought it did not happen the first few times I ran it, but might be mistaken, because I ran the sequence about 4 more times and the channel always comes on around the same time and does not go off (This channel runs about 20 strobe lights). To add to my misery, I have a second LOR board that I was not planning on using this year, so I am letting my Dad use it and he called me tonight and is also having the same problem with my other board, with a different sequence, on channel 7, with one flood light ? If anyone knows what this might be, please let me know. I guess I am going to try to change my sequence and put a different item on that channel and see if that will work??? Or, maybe just turn the strobes on and off at a different time?

-Rob